Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has DAB disappeared?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at Bluewater in Kent yesterday and noticed that the radio was crackling in the lower car park which it doesn't do when using DAB but does on FM.

When I looked at the channel selection I just went to my favourite(s) and was able to retune to DAB, but the car had defaulted to FM when I began my drive. Just been out to the car at home and the screen only shows the FM logo as indicated by previous contributors. Looks to me that DAB is no longer able to be selected as the source. :(

I was at Bluewater in Kent yesterday and noticed that the radio was crackling in the lower car park which it doesn't do when using DAB but does on FM.

When I looked at the channel selection I just went to my favourite(s) and was able to retune to DAB, but the car had defaulted to FM when I began my drive. Just been out to the car at home and the screen only shows the FM logo as indicated by previous contributors. Looks to me that DAB is no longer able to be selected as the source. :(
DAB is alive and well as others in this thread have posted. The only thing missing is the DAB icon - it has been replaced with a musical notes Icon (probably a default). As per my earlier posts DAB and FM are no longer separate sources, but have been combined in the Radio option. The FM icon is the icon for Radio (and DAB is in essence a digital radio service)

I had a long journey yesterday. I was surprised when leaving one area, like Heart Sussex into Heart Surrey, the DAB doesn’t automatically switch over or that once locked onto a DAB station then you keep the audio. That’s the whole point of DAB right, I should be able to pick up BBC Scotland from down south?

That’s the whole point of DAB right, I should be able to pick up BBC Scotland from down south?
No. The point of DAB is making more efficient use of the radio spectrum for more stations plus some functional benefits such as pause/rewind and additional text information.

Each radio transmitter across the country they would need to transmit BBC Scotland for it to be a national service, which I don't believe it is - they only have a finite amount of stations they can broadcast, just more than is possible with the FM frequency band.

You are possibly confusing DAB with Internet based radio where you can stream from anywhere?

If you have chosen Heart UK, you would probably have kept that for the whole journey.

No. The point of DAB is making more efficient use of the radio spectrum for more stations plus some functional benefits such as pause/rewind and additional text information.

Each radio transmitter across the country they would need to transmit BBC Scotland for it to be a national service, which I don't believe it is - they only have a finite amount of stations they can broadcast, just more than is possible with the FM frequency band.

You are possibly confusing DAB with Internet based radio where you can stream from anywhere?

If you have chosen Heart UK, you would probably have kept that for the whole journey.
Yes I think you’re right, I was confusing DAB with internet radio. Thanks for your clarification, will use Heart UK from now! 😊

Bit of a bu**er that . I like to listen to Radio Scotland on FM as it has local (Aberdeen and NE Scotland) news and traffic bulletins every half hour morning and evening whereas when listening on DAB there are no local interruptions.
I haven't upgraded yet (thanks suckers :) ) so I still have the DAB and FM icons.
I noticed that above the BBC Scotland station (which is DAB) in the Stations list, there is a BBC Scot station and goes what? It's FM! Might be worth checking you have both stations listed
. scot-2.jpgscot.jpg

Reactions: Tonybvi
Got the latest download and thats whats caused me the same issues and cant see dab or the signal just a tune symbol and FM next to it, not dab and the signal like before. Waste of real estate showing nothing really.

Cant seem to differentiate the fm to dab from the interface.

I have had the same issue since 2022.16 and despite opening up a query with telsa and them initially asking me to share various screenshots, they’ve not responded in over 2 weeks despite my chasing. Seems like they don’t have an answer. I live in London and should have plenty of DAB options available and indeed they were prior to the last few software updates.

I have had the same issue since 2022.16 and despite opening up a query with telsa and them initially asking me to share various screenshots, they’ve not responded in over 2 weeks despite my chasing. Seems like they don’t have an answer. I live in London and should have plenty of DAB options available and indeed they were prior to the last few software updates.
You should find them in the station list but not identified as DAB stations

Reactions: init6
Mine says FM but is clearly DAB as it scrolls through what’s on and playing now. Unless FM does that too!
It also doesn’t lose signal when travelling to another areaView attachment 832606
Finally found the DAB refresh button. Had lost it after update for Model S software.
When you are in the radio page and have DAB stations selected, put 2 fingers in upper right part of screen and pull down and to the left. Keeping your fingers on the screen you can move the radio channels around and the refresh button is hidden lower left. You can press this with the other hand. After the refresh, all DAB station reappear and the button seems to stay in the correct position.