Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have any of you ordered wheels from T Sportline?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

have any of you ordered wheels from T Sportline? If so, did you have them ship directly to you? Or did you ship to a service like Cross Border Pickups? Seems like it might be more cost effective to use CBP but just wanted some real life feedback.

Were you hit with duties/taxes upon bringing them in? I'm looking to order some TSTs for my summer wheels and just want to know what the experience is like.

Thank you for any replies!

I ordered a few sets over the years and got it shipped to a receiving company across the border and save about $100USD in shipping fees. I wasn’t charged taxes/duty one time since the cashier was on his/her break when I crossed through the border. Lucked out and saved a few hundred dollars. I have a Nexus pass, so I usually just get sent in directly to the cashier.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I did for my X. They are really nice wheels. I had them shipped to my house here. I can't remember whether I paid duty through FedEx or not. I don't think I saved much over buying the Tesla wheels but I like them better because they are black whereas the Tesla 20" are grey. I went and bought a set of Nokia Hakka tires over in Niagara Falls NY from a guy who does a lot of tire swaps for Canadians. I declared them and had to pay GST but there was no duty on them.

• Helpful
Just an FYI, I received my 18" TSTs today. I got hit with $184 CAD duties/taxes from FedEx. The rims cost $1250 USD.

That’s actually not bad for fees Tony! I have their CF dash cap coming tomorrow and will post the fees as well for reference. The biggest issue for duty is if the product is manufactured outside of NAFTA countries. No duty on car parts manufactured in NAFTA, only fed/prov taxes and fees.

That’s actually not bad for fees Tony! I have their CF dash cap coming tomorrow and will post the fees as well for reference. The biggest issue for duty is if the product is manufactured outside of NAFTA countries. No duty on car parts manufactured in NAFTA, only fed/prov taxes and fees.

Yeah it was about half of what I was expecting to pay. It was a pleasant surprise.

Make sure to post some pics of that CF dash cap!

Reactions: shellderp and 03DSG
Tony can you post pictures when you have your rims installed?

Absolutely. But it will be another couple months though. Waiting on this damnable season to be over.

Sounds like Tsportline underdeclared the value of goods? The HST, if properly declared, would be nearly $200CAD. Plus there's 8% duty and brokerage fees.

I haven't had time to go through the packing slip/customs declaration paperwork yet. Will try to review it tonight and see what exactly was listed.

not bad! Thanks for sharing!
I might jump on a set next time TSportline has free shipping promo, saves me the drive and time to pick up cross border

Yeah, I waited for the next sale before pulling the trigger. The shipping costs are nuts.

Back in October, I confirmed with them on the phone they are made in China.

Made in China 42328169-9590-4A37-9C9B-4897AEE52E77.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Ludatik
Absolutely. But it will be another couple months though. Waiting on this damnable season to be over.

I haven't had time to go through the packing slip/customs declaration paperwork yet. Will try to review it tonight and see what exactly was listed.

Yeah, I waited for the next sale before pulling the trigger. The shipping costs are nuts.

So I went through the included FedEx receipt and the breakdown is as follows:

Declared value $1329.80 USD (Why is that more than I paid?)
Customs/Duties $0
HST $172.87
ROD Fee + HST $11.30
Total $184.17