Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you reserved your Model S or do you plan on it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like they have resequenced the signature series numbers for Canada now. When logging in my number dropped from P31 to SS22 so it looks like a lot of early reservation holders upgraded. Interested to know what percentage ended upgrading given the offer.

Congratulations! Does it actually say SS22, as opposed to S22?

Mine was S10 and is now... S10.

Either they haven't updated mine yet, or everyone on the R list before me upgraded!

Interesting - I went from P4 to S4 - I'm not sure how they are working the "P" vs. "R" reservations in Canada. It could be that they are simply basing it on the date we reserved rather than distinguishing between the 2 lists? Maybe there never was a "R4" - would it make sense that the R just defined who was friends/owners of a Roadster?

Interesting - I went from P4 to S4 - I'm not sure how they are working the "P" vs. "R" reservations in Canada. It could be that they are simply basing it on the date we reserved rather than distinguishing between the 2 lists? Maybe there never was a "R4" - would it make sense that the R just defined who was friends/owners of a Roadster?

:confused: Interesting indeed. Maybe they didn't want anyone's number to go up, so they interleaved the two lists... or maybe there are now two S4's!

I don't suppose it matters. The highest I've seen so far is S55; surely we'll all get our cars around the same time. After all, they're supposed to be able to build over 1000 cars a month. They gotta ship them somewhere! :biggrin:

yes i like the jump (around 59 places because of the r10 and p110 that were ahead of me ;~) ... i know that there are at least 7 behind me on the sig series as there is someone who stated they went from canadian series p120 to s69 on the tesla forums.

ps wonder how this affects the canadian general production numbering? are they going to reassign the numbers to give people a better idea of their place in line or will they leave them with the holes left by the upgrades?

I was thinking they would leave the numbers as is, that way if we decide not to purchase a signature series, they can drop us back into our previous number. May be wishful thinking though.

I originally thought we had a chance to get our original P#'s back, but when I asked for clarification the Tesla rep told me that depending on what others do, they would try to get us a spot as close as possible to our original spot (before the option finalization - after we basically get bumped to the back). So no promises. Although, theoretically this could also mean we might move up in line if those ahead of us kept their Signature reservations ... that's just my speculation, though.

Those are the reservation numbers For the Model S. They can be broken down in two ways: geographically and by series. AFAIK there are 4 geographic areas US, Canada, EU, and Asia/Australia (possibly a separate one for Hong Kong but am not sure). There are also three Reservation queues (not every geographic region has all three): p is for the general production queue, r is for the roadster owner/family friends queue and s is for the Signature Model S reservation holders. Tesla will try and fulfill the reservation queues per region in the order of s, then r, then p. So when someone says they have p270 that means that have have been given reservation number 270 in the general production queue. Some qualify the geographic region and some you have to infer that bit of info.

gduncan, all you have to do is call Hans or Sarah in the Toronto office & advise them that you wish to upgrade your reservation to the Sig series...back it up with an email to be safe.

I'd do it sooner than later as I can't recall how many Sig series TM is alloting to Canada and around 70 units are already spoken for.

The Sig series will be delivered first before the general (P) reservations...we've been told that Canadian Sig series vehicles will start to be delivered around Sept 2012.

Any clues when it will be available in North America? I'm in Vancouver, BC, Canada.