Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just received this. what kind of service could they be talking about?

Apologies for the delayed response. It’s been crazy around here this week.

It appears we will not be able to ship your vehicle to Kauai before the end of the year. We do not have a confirmation on discounted delivery price or accommodation for delivery in 2019, but I’m hoping we will get definitive answers regarding that soon.

While your vehicle is not at the service center and ready for delivery, we do have other VINs at the service center that are deliverable. If you are willing to swap VINs for delivery prior to the end of the year, we can deliver another vehicle to you. You would have to fly to Honolulu before the end of the year to take delivery, and arrange your vehicles shipping from Oahu to Kauai through Young Brothers. Tesla would reimburse your airfare and shipping fees and would provide 2 years of free service. You would have to pay for your vehicle’s storage before Young Brothers is able to accommodate it.

Please let me know how you would like to continue. I know this is not ideal for you. I’ll keep you as informed as I can and let you know if there are any changes.

Thank you,

Erin

607 may have been the only black i helped prep. Can't be sure, because I don't clearly remember. 607 and 609 ring a bell. The black did have white interior too. Didn't see your note until after. We helped wash and simple detail/prep for delivery about 14 cars. About 12 were white 3's. Wish for you that I could tell you for sure. Became a blur about noon.

Aloha, just returned to mainland from 2 week vacation in beautiful Hawaii.
I couldn't believe how many Teslas I saw on Oahu.
My personal preference would be white colour on the green island...it really looks classy!

Aloha back at ya. Hope you enjoyed your time here. We try to track the count of Teslas across all the islands. On Oahu we know of 1170+. That's not counting those most recent deliveries with paper tags. And since you mentioned it, we keep up with colors too. Of those 1170+, 27.4% are white and that's just slightly less (by 1%) than the next two most popular colors combined, Black and Grey.

jan21wfteslas.jpg
Yep, Oahu is just crawling with Model 3s sporting white paper license plates. When I see a new one I think, "Hmm, did Akikiki or did I wash that one?" Anyway, I pulled into the Kailua Whole Foods lot today and lo and behold the chargers are Tesla'd out with the most popular EV of all time. Way cool.

I think that during my time in the wash bay at the SC, i washed at least 40 white Model 3's during EOY deliveries. Never seen so many white cars, aside from the fact they were all 3's.

Maybe you washed my white P3D+...thanks a million! Everyone at the Service Center were cracking their a***s to make those deliveries on time!
Mahalo, mahalo, mahalo!!!
IMG_20181230_145902.jpg

Aloha back at ya. Hope you enjoyed your time here. We try to track the count of Teslas across all the islands. On Oahu we know of 1170+. That's not counting those most recent deliveries with paper tags. And since you mentioned it, we keep up with colors too. Of those 1170+, 27.4% are white and that's just slightly less (by 1%) than the next two most popular colors combined, Black and Grey.

@Akikiki
I just knew it! Thx for confirming the popularity of the white colour.
If I lived in Hawaii, White would be my 1st choice.....Red my 2nd.

View attachment 370762 Yep, Oahu is just crawling with Model 3s sporting white paper license plates. When I see a new one I think, "Hmm, did Akikiki or did I wash that one?" Anyway, I pulled into the Kailua Whole Foods lot today and lo and behold the chargers are Tesla'd out with the most popular EV of all time. Way cool.
I instantly recognized this Whole Foods charging site in Kailua.
We thoroughly loved Kailua!
Btw, I didn't know Tesla could use these EV chargers. Are you connecting with the Tesla adapter in the tool kit?

Last edited:
@Akikiki
I just knew it! Thx for confirming the popularity of the white colour.
If I loved in Hawaii, White would be my 1stchoice.....Red my 2nd.

I instantly recognized this Whole Foods charging site in Kailua.
We thoroughly loved Kailua!
Btw, I didn't know Tesla could use these EV chargers. Are you connecting with the Tesla adapter in the tool kit?

There are two adapters included with each Tesla and one transforms a standard generic charging plug into something that will fit into your Tesla. I know because that blue Model 3 in the photo is mine and is being charged while I took the photo (and grabbed some food in Whole Foods, too).

Love this photo of the two Tesla's.....especially the Deep Blue Metallic.

There are two adapters included with each Tesla and one transforms a standard generic charging plug into something that will fit into your Tesla. I know because that blue Model 3 in the photo is mine and is being charged while I took the photo (and grabbed some food in Whole Foods, too).
Congrats!!
Just like my own (except for 18" aero wheels)
The time spent away from my TM3 really brought home how much I value and appreciate the EV Drive.
No more ICE ever in my future.