Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. I might have to drive out there just to try it. Does it need a special (other than the type we already have in our goodie bag) adapter to plug into a MS?

Have you seen one of them already? Did you have a chance to try it? How does charging compare to level 2 and 14-50/ 40 amp?
thanks
I only know what was in the article. Dual-standard means CHAdeMO and SAE Combo. You will need a CHAdeMO adapter to charge a Model S. The article didn't say which charger unit it is or how much power it delivers, so it could be anything from 50 to 150 miles range per hour.

do we need to borrow Papafox's Chademo adapter or is this one a J1772DC (frankenplug) that they don't make an adapter for(yet).

Ah, here's my tale regarding Chademo. Turns out that my 40 cannot use it. Jimmy at Tesla is working things out so that I can return it. I thought of taking it to the mainland for the roadtrip, but I just don't see that much utility to be gained by it. Most places with Chademo also have a supercharger not too far away and I'm not keen to grovel to Nissan dealerships for a chance to sip their electricity through a large straw.

Ah, here's my tale regarding Chademo. Turns out that my 40 cannot use it. Jimmy at Tesla is working things out so that I can return it. I thought of taking it to the mainland for the roadtrip, but I just don't see that much utility to be gained by it. Most places with Chademo also have a supercharger not too far away and I'm not keen to grovel to Nissan dealerships for a chance to sip their electricity through a large straw.

Here is more info on the $$ chargers at Dole Plantation...

Hawaiian Electric Opens Oahu’s First Utility-Owned DC Fast Charger for Electric Vehicles

Hawaiian Electric Companies Fast Chargers

There's an article in today's Advertiser on the State's incentives to put more chargers on the north shore/Haleiwa. Good info piece, but nothing earth-shattering. There's a couple of quotes from Volta indicating that they are willing to put chargers in Haleiwa, but the community doesn't want the chargers to look like the regular Volta chargers to preserve the "Haleiwa look", which means Volta will probably never install one out there. The real money quote though is from a Leaf owner who says she doesn't go out there because she "doesn't know if I'll make it back." I laughed, thinking I have no issues or concerns when I drive out to Haleiwa (or Waialua, or Waianae, etc....) :cool:

funny Story...:confused: I was ordering a replacement CC today on the phone with my bank. to verify my ID they asked me for the year, make and model of the car I have my loan with them for..
I obviously (and with pride) announced that I had a 2012 Tesla Model S85:cool: their reply was no that is not the car.:scared: after another verification option they believed that I was Me. and they approved the replacement CC. I asked them (now that I had verified I was Me) what car they thought I had a loan on. they said a Mazda something. when I told them the exact amount of my balance and the last 6 of my VIN number, they said I was correct. mmmmmm that must answer the question that everybody always asks. Who makes Tesla.:confused: I can now say Mazda.:biggrin:

Am posting for a new Tesla owner who is not on the forum yet. She would like to try to have some kind of Hawaii Tesla presence at the historic landing tonight of the Solar impulse plane at Kalaeloa. The time of arrival is projected to be around midnight.

solarimpulse
.com

So putting it out there in case anyone is interested in going.

Update on solar impulse landing: ETA 530-600am.

Kalaeloa airport - Midway St, Kapolei

Diamond head said she will try to get some spaces on the left side of the tower with a clear view.

Been reading up on this and the plane is pretty amazing. public viewing on Sunday.

The solar plane landing was a great experience! The pics I took don't do the plane justice. It's huge! yet so light that about 20 people were able to push it to the hangar. More pics on their website. If you have time on Sunday, go to the public viewing of the plane from 9 to 1.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.