Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is XeroWraps charging you to wrap your MYP if you don’t mind me asking. I’m prob gonna end up going to them when I get my Y

Attachments

• 8112004F-79BF-40C7-A6D7-075C508D6227.jpeg
    8112004F-79BF-40C7-A6D7-075C508D6227.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: KM22
Still waiting. SA said they’re expecting it this week. Then have to wait for them to unload the ship. My appointment at XeroWraps isn’t until May 23rd. Gotta baby it until then.
I pushed a few days but still have a VIN and now 4 day window. I'm guessing this boat is slow or they are taking their time getting items off the boat.
I got my VIN on May 9th with a EDD of 5/16 -- 5/22. My SA says the EDD are the dates that it will be departing the west coast. Seems your timeframe kind of matched that explanation

Moving to Honolulu, HI, from Tysons, VA, so sold both Teslas (S/3) here and got a single Model Y with delivery in Hawaii. No issues getting a loan approved in one location and car delivery in the other 🤙

MYP White, black int, no tow or FSD
Ordered --- 4/7
EDD #1 --- 6/7-7/12 --- so about 78.5 days
EDD #2 --- 6/10-7/8 --- so about 78 days
EDD #3 --- 7/6-8/10 --- so about 107.5 days

Reactions: Beast_Mode
Moving to Honolulu, HI, from Tysons, VA, so sold both Teslas (S/3) here and got a single Model Y with delivery in Hawaii. No issues getting a loan approved in one location and car delivery in the other 🤙

MYP White, black int, no tow or FSD
Ordered --- 4/7
EDD #1 --- 6/7-7/12 --- so about 78.5 days
EDD #2 --- 6/10-7/8 --- so about 78 days
EDD #3 --- 7/6-8/10 --- so about 107.5 days
Aloha. Originally from Washington, DC. Good luck with the move.

Reactions: vitaliy
Just a little word of advice: If you don't want the inspection sticker on your bumper, purchase your sticker plate far enough in advance that you can deliver it to the Honolulu SC upon receipt of your VIN, and they will apply the sticker to the plate instead. I emailed the SC, and they said to put your name, phone number, and order number on a piece of paper attached to the plate, and they will take care of it.

I'm excited; I've been VINed, and my delivery window is one week away!

• Love
Reactions: vitaliy
Just a little word of advice: If you don't want the inspection sticker on your bumper, purchase your sticker plate far enough in advance that you can deliver it to the Honolulu SC upon receipt of your VIN, and they will apply the sticker to the plate instead. I emailed the SC, and they said to put your name, phone number, and order number on a piece of paper attached to the plate, and they will take care of it.

I'm excited; I've been VINed, and my delivery window is one week away!
I wish I would have thought of that. My Delivery appt is 6/7 so they probably already put the sticker on my bumper.

Let me tell you of mine and Beastmode experiance after getting a VIN. We both waited 24 days or more from VIN date to delivery appt date. I got my VIN on 5/11. I was told by my SA that the EDD you get when VINed is the delivery date to the California Port. They trucked my MY to San Diego and it sailed on 5/23 and arrived in Honolulu 5/30 and originally got an appt for 6/3 home delivery , but they called me 6/2 and said my car was still at the port here. I'm hoping I will get mine Tuesday. I hope you're lucky enough to get yours delivered june 10 - 16

I wish I would have thought of that. My Delivery appt is 6/7 so they probably already put the sticker on my bumper.

Let me tell you of mine and Beastmode experiance after getting a VIN. We both waited 24 days or more from VIN date to delivery appt date. I got my VIN on 5/11. I was told by my SA that the EDD you get when VINed is the delivery date to the California Port. They trucked my MY to San Diego and it sailed on 5/23 and arrived in Honolulu 5/30 and originally got an appt for 6/3 home delivery , but they called me 6/2 and said my car was still at the port here. I'm hoping I will get mine Tuesday. I hope you're lucky enough to get yours delivered june 10 - 16
Mahalo for the info! I’m just hoping to get it delivered by 6/30, which is when my M3’s safety check expires 😎

Congrats in advance!

Last edited:
Mahalo for the info! I’m just hoping to get it delivered by 6/30, which is when my M3’s safety check expires 😎

Congrats in advance!
Just a heads up and I can't remember the exact numbers but they told me I needed to have 60 days (maybe) remaining for safety check and 90 (also maybe) for registration when I traded my car. Which was annoying since I traded it in within a month of expiration.

It’s playing out just like you and @Beast_Mode said. My EDD shifted to 6/19-6/23, right inline with what the SA said. It’s going to be a long 8-12 days of waiting!

Just a heads up and I can't remember the exact numbers but they told me I needed to have 60 days (maybe) remaining for safety check and 90 (also maybe) for registration when I traded my car. Which was annoying since I traded it in within a month of expiration.
Confirming what you said; safety check must be valid for 90 days, and registration for 45 days after delivery date. Thanks again. Hope you’re enjoying your MYP!