Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heads Up Display (HUD) - Hansshow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tlr1000

Jun 14, 2018
Vancouver
Saw this video (
) for the Hansshow HUD. I like the idea of having an HUD but still haven't seen anything that doesn't look like an obvious after-thought. Would like to see something a lot more integrated where most people wouldn't notice it was an add-on. To start, hidden wiring and using factory windshield as reflector would be a minimum. Has anyone seen a better solution than this one? What do you think of the price point on this Hansshow unit?

That looks bad. I wish Tesla just offered HUD. Would be a great option.
Agree, totally wish Tesla would implement a factory solution but it's probably unlikely. This particular HUD looks way too much like an after-thought and no where close to being seamless. If there's a demand for HUDs there will be more competitors releasing other options...hopefully better.

Saw this video (
) for the Hansshow HUD. I like the idea of having an HUD but still haven't seen anything that doesn't look like an obvious after-thought. Would like to see something a lot more integrated where most people wouldn't notice it was an add-on. To start, hidden wiring and using factory windshield as reflector would be a minimum. Has anyone seen a better solution than this one? What do you think of the price point on this Hansshow unit?

Ackk! That's horrible.

Ackk! That's horrible.
lol, and very unlikely they will sell like hotcakes but I would not be surprised a few people buy them. I was poking around on Amazon and found a generic HUD that has a "slight" resemblance (Hansshow left, Amazon right). Biggest difference is $350 vs $86.
Model 3 HUD.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I think that 350$ for a device that looks and performs like a 69$ cheap plastic doodad is way too much. For that much I would expect at least some kind of bluetooth/whatever wireless connection between the sender behind the seat and the device - having to wire this in just seems silly in this day and age.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
i1 Tesla has a video review posted a few days ago. Here are some of his positive comments:
  • "pretty nice, it's nice unit"
  • "has some great features"
  • "see some really good benefits"
He has no negative comments other than:
  • "this unit is not super cheap"

Agree, totally wish Tesla would implement a factory solution but it's probably unlikely. This particular HUD looks way too much like an after-thought and no where close to being seamless. If there's a demand for HUDs there will be more competitors releasing other options...hopefully better.

Elon says, "the robot taxi is coming and you should be lucky to have a steering wheel".

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: kayak1 and Watts_Up
Saw this video (
It's our hansshow own development. We dothe technology development and manufacture .

Reactions: KenC
lol, and very unlikely they will sell like hotcakes but I would not be surprised a few people buy them. I was poking around on Amazon and found a generic HUD that has a "slight" resemblance (Hansshow left, Amazon right). Biggest difference is $350 vs $86.View attachment 549000
It's totally idea thing. What you saw the HUD on amazon is universial , cant connect the original car system . Our HUD connect with riginal car system to show the data totally same as your car.

It's totally idea thing. What you saw the HUD on amazon is universial , cant connect the original car system . Our HUD connect with riginal car system to show the data totally same as your car.

I was referring to physical design - the external casing looks identical to the Amazon generic device. The information being displayed is great but in my opinion, the physical design does not look nice in a Tesla Model 3. It needs to be more integrated into the Tesla design and needs hidden wiring. The suggested wiring running along the top of the dash doesn't look integrated. Again, just my opinion but it is very expensive considering the execution.

By the way, since this device hooks up to the CAN, do you see any issues with voiding warranty?

I think that 350$ for a device that looks and performs like a 69$ cheap plastic doodad is way too much. For that much I would expect at least some kind of bluetooth/whatever wireless connection between the sender behind the seat and the device - having to wire this in just seems silly in this day and age.
Personally I'd way rather deal with a hard wired connection (it's not hard running a wire from the center console to the dash) over some gimmicky bluetooth connection. Just one more thing to go wrong and also brings up the obvious question of how to power the HUD? Having to take it off and recharge it constantly would be far worse than a one time pain in the butt of running some wires down the driver kick panel.

Personally I'd way rather deal with a hard wired connection (it's not hard running a wire from the center console to the dash) over some gimmicky bluetooth connection. Just one more thing to go wrong and also brings up the obvious question of how to power the HUD? Having to take it off and recharge it constantly would be far worse than a one time pain in the butt of running some wires down the driver kick panel.

Agree, hardwiring is the way to go. Just need a way to design it so it's all hidden. I wouldn't want wireless.

You can't project onto factory glass. Windshield for vehicles incorporating a HUD have special glass which reflects the projector
Perhaps there is a film that can be adhered to the windshield that is less noticeable than this separate screen. Of course film would only be the size needed for projection area and yes you'd see the outline but still would be more integrated that the solution above.

Saw this video (

I just noticed something... the i1tesla review shows the HUD connecting into the rear console where we plug all our usual OBD devices. But this video toward the end seems to say it plugs into a VCLeft connector in the footwell, but then abruptly cuts off before showing it. Has hanshow updated with cables to plug into VCleft? Tesla has also changed some of these connectors. ANyone else have this that can confirm?

Mostly because I am always looking for better ways to tap in for my own dash displays and data loggers.