Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heads up for the Maryland EV Excise tax credit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Money all gone

Attachments

• A36C1F08-1CD9-441F-9522-3298D384D421.png
    A36C1F08-1CD9-441F-9522-3298D384D421.png
    526.8 KB · Views: 207
  • Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
I work near Glen Burnie and actually dropped the tax credit form off at their second floor drop box, and took a picture of it there. Since the money is all gone (took delivery mid November), I read somewhere that they won't start processing again until July when the new fiscal year starts, so I don't expect to see my money until end of 2019 at the earliest.

• Informative
Reactions: vadims1
I mailed my tax credit request in mid-October and thought I had beaten the depletion of funds. However, I still haven't received anything, so I called the MVA this morning. They confirmed no credit has been issued to me and repeated the same line that the funds have been depleted.

Did anyone that submitted later than mid-October get the credit? Based on previous posts, it looks like end of September was the cut off. Also, if you already submitted the form, do you just wait, or do we have to re-submit it in July? The person I spoke with did not seem to know for sure.

• Informative
I mailed my tax credit request in mid-October and thought I had beaten the depletion of funds. However, I still haven't received anything, so I called the MVA this morning. They confirmed no credit has been issued to me and repeated the same line that the funds have been depleted.

Did anyone that submitted later than mid-October get the credit? Based on previous posts, it looks like end of September was the cut off. Also, if you already submitted the form, do you just wait, or do we have to re-submit it in July? The person I spoke with did not seem to know for sure.

Funds Depleted for Maryland Electric Vehicle Excise Tax Credit for Fiscal Year 2019 | PlugInSites

"Once all funds are exhausted, no additional refunds will be issued until July 1, 2019 (fiscal year 2020) when additional funds become available."

My take is that you only need to submit this once and it's first come first serve. I'm assuming, based on the letter, that we'll be able get ours after July (fingers crossed).

• Informative
Funds Depleted for Maryland Electric Vehicle Excise Tax Credit for Fiscal Year 2019 | PlugInSites

"Once all funds are exhausted, no additional refunds will be issued until July 1, 2019 (fiscal year 2020) when additional funds become available."

My take is that you only need to submit this once and it's first come first serve. I'm assuming, based on the letter, that we'll be able get ours after July (fingers crossed).

This was my interpretation as well. When I called MVA they could not confirm if I needed to send the form in again.

I mailed mine the first week of October and got the check about 7 weeks later. Guess I just made it.

• Helpful
Reactions: TerpMed
One more follow-up question: so this also means Maryland is giving me an incentive for doing a trade-in versus selling my car to someone externally, correct? Car is currently 61000 after fees and destination charges I believe, excluding taxes. So the trade-in should keep me eligible for the rebate in theory, correct?

Reactions: preilly44
One more follow-up question: so this also means Maryland is giving me an incentive for doing a trade-in versus selling my car to someone externally, correct? Car is currently 61000 after fees and destination charges I believe, excluding taxes. So the trade-in should keep me eligible for the rebate in theory, correct?
Exactly. This is what I had to do or would have had to buy EAP after purchase for 2k more. Ultimately private sale and trade in were just $500 apart. So, I traded it in. Remember that trade in also saves you extra 6% of taxes. So that and 2k savings on auto-pilot made my situation pretty easy.