TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hello from London!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tetron, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Tetron

Tetron New Member

Hey all, just signed up, excitement is building after ordering my first Tesla, a nice white Model S 100D. Had three test-rides and been blown away with the experience being every bit as good as I'd imagined it would be.

Hardest decision I had to make was wheels to choose. I went with the 19" Carbon Sonics in the end. Unfortunately, the roads are so bad round here that ride quality has to win out over looks, which is a real shame as the 21" wheels look soooo good!

Have been a long-time admirer of Tesla, just read the Elon Musk biography, just missing the t-shirt now :)

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  2. Sprandt23

Sprandt23 Member

Welcome and congrats! Now the hardest part will be waiting for delivery! ;)

Enjoy the forums here, there is lots of great info and great folks with plenty to share.
    Welcome to the club!

3. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

I think you will find that the 19" wheels will suit you just fine. The tires are significantly cheaper and you will get noticeably more range with that size wheel.

4. ivanzzz

ivanzzz Member

Hi Welcome to our group!!=)
    If yet applied code of referral you use mine with 375 pounds for myfirst referral credit and unlimited charging
    PMed you
    Thanks

5. arcus

arcus Active Member

Not to mention ride comfort and less stress when dealing with potholes.

Welcome! :)

• Like x 1
  6. Tetron

Tetron New Member

Thanks all, I have used a referral code (this is not a particularly fun part of the forum, people pushing their codes).

I asked my wife (who did the last test-drive) to intentionally drive over our local potholes and the ride quality was much better than on our BMW 340i. I'm surprised for such a heavy car that doesn't have adaptive damping suspension - talking of which, it's such a shame it doesn't have adaptive damping! I'd have gone for the 21" wheels if I could dial the damping down to a Comfort setting. I understand this is a limitation of air suspension though.

7. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Welcome to the forum, great choice of car and colour :)