Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello Tesla - set my cruise follow distance to 4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No the person I quoted (Which you left off) was saying that their priority was producing cars not upgrading the software.
I was the person you quoted, and when replying, it automatically leaves that other quote off, only quoting the person you reply to. :D

Yes, I do believe TSLA's priority is production and infrastructure, hence not hiring as many software engineers as they could get (for example). Once they top out their production and infrastructure, they can then ramp up on software. All it takes is one good firmware update -OR- handing out SDKs.

My point, is they should be able to do both.

If TSLA had an unlimited amount of money and resources, then sure, they should be able to do both.

Last edited:
Voice control makes a lot of sense. And other car manufacturers have already realized you don't need to recreate whats already been done to near perfection. Sure you can set HVAC controls to the steering wheel, but you can't do that for every control. And there are probably things you use more often. Either way, this seems to be one more thing that would not be too difficult to integrate but would bring a ton of functionality.

Set the right side thumb wheel to do that (click for on/off HVAC and scroll for temp up down)

Sure, but like AZ_rael said, I constantly think it's set for one function and move it and get an effect I didn't intend to. It can get wet when you accidentally open the sunroof in the Seattle area! Additionally, there is no way that that is faster than simply saying it in a command. Certainly it is a lot more distracting than just talking would be. Maybe that's another point this conversation should address.

I was the person you quoted, and when replying, it automatically leaves that other quote off, only quoting the person you reply to. :D

Yes, I do believe TSLA's priority is production and infrastructure, hence not hiring as many software engineers as they could get (for example). Once they top out their production and infrastructure, they can then ramp up on software. All it takes is one good firmware update -OR- handing out SDKs.

If TSLA had an unlimited amount of money and resources, then sure, they should be able to do both.

You should look at their CAREERS site. Lots of Software Developers. The problem is that nothing much is rolling out on Infotainment.

You should look at their CAREERS site. Lots of Software Developers. The problem is that nothing much is rolling out on Infotainment.
Yeah? And?

I see 62 'software' related open positions, under engineering, on the TSLA CAREERS site, VERSUS 175 open positions in Manufacturing alone. So thank you for pointing that out and proving my point.

Hiring spree: Tesla went from 899 employees in 2010 to 14,000 today

How many sw engineers do companies like Apple, Google, and Samsung have?

This Explains Why Samsung Has Twice The Number Of Engineers That Google Has, Yet It Still Relies On Android

Again, beating a dead horse here. The issue is priorities and resources.

were you in the Airforce? that would explain a lot ;)

Last edited: