Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me decide Stealth vs P3D+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I chose Stealth mostly because of the Engineering Explained video where the creator described blowing out two tires and cracking two rims on a pothole. I also have no need for performance brakes, lowered suspension or a spoiler. The aero wheels are an acquired taste and some people like them, some don't. I like them.

To me, it would make more sense to put that $6k in the bank to be used on whatever the latest and greatest thing is in 2025 or so. Maybe that's still a Tesla, maybe the icemakers will catch up.

I live in Texas, and if there is a threat of snow the whole state shuts down so no need for a second set of tires
I have a 10 year old so no white seats for me

I will for sure be doing some basic things to my white P3D- like a chrome delete, window tint, and dash wrap.
thinking about a front lip and a spoiler so it doesn't look like so many other 3s out there. Maybe I'll toss on a one of those Performance badges on the back ;)

I live in Texas, and if there is a threat of snow the whole state shuts down so no need for a second set of tires
I have a 10 year old so no white seats for me

I will for sure be doing some basic things to my white P3D- like a chrome delete, window tint, and dash wrap.
thinking about a front lip and a spoiler so it doesn't look like so many other 3s out there. Maybe I'll toss on a one of those Performance badges on the back ;)

I went un-badged. Not only is it more fun when I walk non-Tesla drivers...but I even get the occasional S driver who thinks they will blow past me and cut me off....only to find out they can't.

You will get that with the car.
uh.... not the red line crap. one of these. leaning with the P3D-
P3Dplus__51855.1541344502.jpg

M3_Perf__97126.1541342996.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Elle_H2
Likely well known by all but if you take off the aero covers the the 18” wheels look amazing, like a set of BBS wheels! The color is identical to the new 20” wheels.

I ‘almost’ got the performance because I couldn’t stand the look of the Aeros. Once I saw some uncovered wheels I was fully ‘in’ on the stealth.

All this talk of Stealth and P3D-s.

The real 'Stealth' Performance Model 3 IS NOT one sold with 18 Aeros and subsequently debadged or never tagged with the Dual Motor underlined trunk lettermark..

It IS a mid/late 2018 North American or early 2019 European/Asian LR AWD (ideally with least bells and whistles, black interior, 18 aeros, regular brakes, base audio etc) reflashed to P3D- front/rear motor power level limits... particularly with the front motor uncorked.

Or worse case a similar LR AWD reflashed with the so called AWD20 uncork.

Now that's a real Stealth Performance Model 3,and there are plenty of them out there.

Reactions: Elle_H2 and robski
So I am going to chime in here. 2020 P3D- or a 2019 P3D+ that is discount but more $? Really concerned about the wind noise. The 2019 I drove was a lot noisier than my 2018 Volt. I have read that supposedly the 2020s are quieter but alas no white interiors to be found.
I agree with you my Volt is quieter than my Tesla, built Aug 2019. But my Tesla is quieter than my co workers 2018 M3 SR+.
Mostly the road noise.

I know there's been discussions already on what wheels fit the Performance vehicles, due to brake clearance.

From Tesla's website, the Performance car winter wheelset is only configured as 20". No option for 19" winters as OEM.

That pushes it over the cliff for me. Lots of restrictions on winter tire selection at that wheel size, in addition to the unsuitability of huge wheels and decreased vehicle clearance in those climates, on top of higher replacement costs for tires, etc... really bad value the Performance spec

I know there's been discussions already on what wheels fit the Performance vehicles, due to brake clearance.

From Tesla's website, the Performance car winter wheelset is only configured as 20". No option for 19" winters as OEM.

That pushes it over the cliff for me. Lots of restrictions on winter tire selection at that wheel size, in addition to the unsuitability of huge wheels and decreased vehicle clearance in those climates, on top of higher replacement costs for tires, etc... really bad value the Performance spec

Model 3 19” Gemini Wheel and Winter Tire Package

Reactions: Elle_H2