Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with Exterior Color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I have a Model X 75D on order and I have until this Monday (3-20) to finalize my order. I definitely want the white seats but am having trouble deciding on the exterior color. I have narrowed it down to Midnight Silver, Silver, or White. Does anyone here have these combinations with pictures that I can take a look at to make my decision? Thanks!

Hey guys, I have a Model X 75D on order and I have until this Monday (3-20) to finalize my order. I definitely want the white seats but am having trouble deciding on the exterior color. I have narrowed it down to Midnight Silver, Silver, or White. Does anyone here have these combinations with pictures that I can take a look at to make my decision? Thanks!
I would not go with Midnight Silver, as it looks slightly strange with white in my opinion. Same with black, although you'd think the black and white would look fine. Midnight Silver is also MUCH harder to maintain, unless you like washing every week or so. This is the same for Blue, but when paired with white seats blue and white may be well worth it. :p

White or Silver are both good options, I personally like White on a Tesla, keeps in futuristic while being easy to maintain and have looking clean.
ydppPrS.jpg

solid-white-tesla-model-x-20-inch-wheel-tst-gloss-black-4.jpg

I just took delivery of a 100X with Midnight Silver exterior and white interior. I LOVE IT! Here are some pictures I used when trying to make my decision. I also saw a Pearl White with white interior in the showroom. It was beautiful as well. Good luck!

Attachments

• Midnight-Metallic-Silver-Tesla-Model-X-Metallic-Grey-2022-TST-Wheels-2-1024x682.jpg
    Midnight-Metallic-Silver-Tesla-Model-X-Metallic-Grey-2022-TST-Wheels-2-1024x682.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 480
  • d1dba5f8df_1024.jpg
    d1dba5f8df_1024.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 462
So I went with the Pearl White exterior. I plan on powder coating the rims black or dark grey. Anyone have any suggestions what type of powder coating looks best with the Pearl White paint (matte, gloss, etc)?
I am about to receive delivery of an inventory white Tesla X with premium cream interior - what is powder coating? Where can it bed done? How much does it cost and what benefits does it bring?

I am about to receive delivery of an inventory white Tesla X with premium cream interior - what is powder coating? Where can it bed done? How much does it cost and what benefits does it bring?
Powder coating the wheels (rims) is to re-paint to change the look/esthetic of the wheels - most would go from silver to black. There is no protection or other reason to do it other than personal taste.