TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

He's bored with his Tesla...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by gzerninplatz, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Bet TSLA

Bet TSLA Member

Sounds like he's ignoring the OTA updates, which provide new things to play with every few months.

2. donv

donv Member

He should trade in his 60 and get an 85, for starters. Then he could get to the ski areas with no issues...

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

135 mile range in 70 degree weather?

4. mdevp

mdevp Member

A 2yr old S60 only has a 135mi range? And can you even buy a 996 turbo and Range rover w/service plan for a 2 yr old S60? That letter seems fishy.
    I don't read Jalopnik often, but can someone tell me why does it seem any article on Tesla is either critical or a backhanded compliment? Do they have something against Tesla for some reason?

5. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Well, I love Doug's writing style and usually enjoy his posts. While I won't say that the article does not (yup, double negative) put Tesla in a negative light, I truly would say the issue is this "owner". Either it is someone who madeup the story, or something isn't adding up.

6. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

.... triple negative?.... :tongue:

7. flankspeed8

flankspeed8 Member

If only I could have such problems. He truly must live a blessed and charmed life if this warrants attention. Good for him!

8. ToddRLockwood

ToddRLockwood Active Member

Constantly driving with the pedal to the floor. Or, more likely, fiction! "The problem I have is that I am a compulsive car shopper and no longer have money to buy additional cars."

9. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Anybody who trusts Jalopnik for advice about cars is a fool.

10. jimmyz80

jimmyz80 Member

The fashionable thing to do would be to list in in the classified section here for $110,000...

11. evme

evme Member

Maybe he has a locked S60? You know the S40 replacement.

12. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Artsci, could you elaborate further on that please? I started reading them a few months ago and that's what actually led me here and made me seriously consider a Tesla. While I know some of the articles are over the top, I do see value in many of the articles about car values, shopping, etc. that expanded my thoughts on what to consider. Now, I'm not going to go buy a BMW M3 or something to that effect, but I have opened up my options if other cars I would never have considered. Something this year, my ICE will likely be replaced with a Tesla, but the other ICE will not. The articles there have opened up options to consider to look at value of what we are getting rather than simply cost (which is also what opened the door for me to consider a Model S).

However, I am always eager to learn more if you would elaborate. Thank you!

13. luster

luster Member

I like the site too. While I don't take it seriously, I do like the articles and some what satire nature

14. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

How about: "The Model S is vapourware, it will never be manufactured."

15. skilly

skilly Member

yeah...I mean, thats P85D range :wink:

16. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

This sound very fishy. I have towed with my Tesla P85 - granted it was a 300 pound gas powered 35 Ton log splitter. I have also dropped a polypropylene cargo tray into receiver and carried a lot of things you don't want inside your Tesla. (ratty firewood, nasty lawnmowers, recycled oil (other car).. etc etc..

Learn to charge your car, grow up and drop a torklift hitch in and get a lightweight trailer. Done. If you are bored with the car drop a 1400 watt stereo in it, get new wheels and wrap it in TRD Orange...

1st world problems....

17. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

An article I never came across in the four months I've been reading the site. In fact, I read a number of good articles about Tesla from them, which led me to my current learning adventure. I can understand a statement like that would be looked down upon here!

18. PlanB

PlanB Banned

Maybe it's an ADHD thing, I am on my 3rd Tesla and I am bored with it as well. But of course for me it's not just Tesla, every car I buy I sell within a year.

19. breser

breser AutoPilot Nostradamus

Hmm and the letter writer in that jalopnik article is from Oregon too. :tongue: