TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hey Tesla, there is a need for that NEMA 14-30 adapter still!

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by supratachophobia, May 12, 2016.

?

As a Model S/3/X owner, how would I use a NEMA 14-30 adapter (now discontinued)?

1. I need to use the 14-30 adapter as my primary charging option.

21.4%
  2. I need to use the 14-30 adapter on trips/destinations where the only other option is NEMA 5-15/20.

43.7%
  3. I would like a 14-30 adapter "just in case".

46.6%
  4. I have no interest in a 14-30 adapter.... yet.

9.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

Did you initiate?

2. ccutrer

ccutrer Active Member

Yes. I emailed them early this year with a picture of my adapters in hand, that went mostly ignored. A few months later I emailed again askin what was up and they asked for email addresses of those I purchased from, so I provided the address I sent payment too. They seemed all good after that, and I received my replacement 10-30 adapter a few days later. Then last week or so I emailed agayaaking about the 14-30s. They said they would check, and now here they are.

• Informative x 1
  3. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S / Model X Forums

Hmmmm. I've now sent three emails to ServiceHelpNA on this, the first got a reply of "we'll open a case with your service center" and the second two received auto-acknowledgements but so far have otherwise gone ignored. :(

Weirdly the most recent auto-ack came from ServiceHelpAU. I don't want to have to go to Australia to pick up a replacement but if they're going to pick up the tab for flying me there, that might not be all bad. :D

Bruce.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  4. Only Trons

Only Trons Supporting Member

Received my two replacement 10-30's about a week ago. I purchased 14-30s when the new ones became available so no replacements were needed for those.

• Love x 1
  5. supratachophobia

I've not received 10-30, 14-30, or 6-50...... And those would be my personal stash. I am glad to see that some people are receiving replacements though.

6. ccutrer

ccutrer Active Member

My last email where I said "thanks! Got 'em" also received an auto response from ServiceHelpAU. I thought it was odd, but the phone number still seemed to be their normal 877 number, so didn't think any more of it.

7. tga

tga Supporting Member

I've since bought a Canadian 14-50 adapter (I don't know, why not?). It uses a 20k resistor to get a 32A charge rate. It works correctly on my US UMC, so I think it's safe to say Canadians don't have a different UMC, and there's (at least) 5 different supported resistor values.

• Informative x 1
  8. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

@supratachophobia I just got my replacement 10-30 and 14-30 adapters yesterday. I had to ask again, and since I didn't buy them directly I had to provide your name and which SC you purchased them from before they would ship them.

• Like x 1
  9. supratachophobia

Cool. Thanks for the feedback and I'm super glad they took care of it finally.

• Love x 1
  10. kenbefound

kenbefound Member

11. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

The 10-30 is there as well, at the moment.

• Like x 1
  12. EchoDelta

EchoDelta Member

Just got my 14-30 finally.
    Gotta catch 'em all! (....And once you do, they change the UMC/"MC" design.)

• Funny x 2
  13. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I bought one or two adapters and now am wondering if my new car will come with the original S/X version or the new one like the 3! :D

14. ecarecar

ecarecar New Member

NEMA is great. I hope Tesla keeps NEMA in mind, always.

It is NEMA’s belief that standards play a vital part in the design, production, and distribution of products destined for both national and international commerce. Sound technical standards benefit the user, as well as the manufacturer, by improving safety, bringing about economies in product, eliminating misunderstandings between manufacturer and purchaser, and assisting the purchaser in selecting and obtaining the proper product for his particular need.

About NEMA Standards - NEMA

15. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Thread woke up, so I might as well say, it did. One of the last Gen1 UMC's, I suppose, back in September. Yay! :D

• Like x 2