Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Higher value EVs not eligible for £3,000 PiCG (grant) anymore!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9785E5B2-6EA6-43BB-A7CB-A7243CCF862E.jpeg

Showing the reduced price for the LR

to add my 2p's worth - I placed my order at the end of last week (M3LR) but its a business contract lease and I wanted the car delivered in June when my last car comes off lease, Because of this Tesla sent me an updated lease offer yesterday saying that the prices for June deliveries would be higher which was £47.15+vat more per month than the original quote if I had been getting the car in March, do you think this was just because they were shifting stock at the end of the quarter or was it to do with the grant ending? Based on 20kpa, white interior, 3 yr, the quote still listed the p11d value as £49000 for the std car and then had the £3000 grant then taken off.

If Tesla do not absorb the impact than I'd imagine residual values that pcp and leases are based upon to increase, and for those that purchased WITH the grant, their overall cost to decrease. Thoughts?
You're predicting second hand value in 3-4 years though... I'm not sure that because teslas are more expensive now it has much effect on the future value of my car. Certainly wouldn't rely on it - lots of other things can happen between now and then.

to add my 2p's worth - I placed my order at the end of last week (M3LR) but its a business contract lease and I wanted the car delivered in June when my last car comes off lease, Because of this Tesla sent me an updated lease offer yesterday saying that the prices for June deliveries would be higher which was £47.15+vat more per month than the original quote if I had been getting the car in March, do you think this was just because they were shifting stock at the end of the quarter or was it to do with the grant ending? Based on 20kpa, white interior, 3 yr, the quote still listed the p11d value as £49000 for the std car and then had the £3000 grant then taken off.
If it's through ALD, the special prices were for deliveries before the end of March only. After that, prices would go back up again.

It’s been £46,990 for some time. The difference is that the final invoice price was £49,990 less £3,000 PICG. The customer has always paid £46,990.
The customer will still pay a final invoice price of £46,990, even thought the grant has now been removed. Meaning Tesla has dropped their list price to reflect the change.

That the government is out of cash is clear. Debt is now around £2.11 trillion, up £316 billion in the last year. This debt has to be paid back sometime and it will take decades. Luckily interest on government debt is currently very low but that could change.

While encouraging people to adopt EVs is obviously good, I really don’t see how in the current circumstances we can justify giving grants to enable people to buy expensive cars, and over £35k is pretty expensive. Are grants for EVs a higher priority than the NHS, affordable housing, education, or even police or defence?

And where does the money come from? As the wonderful Margaret Thatcher used tos say, “There’s no such thing as public money - only tax payer’s money”.

Air pollution has huge effects on NHS, care & lost work. 11 years of failing to raise fuel duties vs enabling a 'Tesla Stretch'.