Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highland Efficiency

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you want a meaningful efficiency review look at the Tesla Bjorn ones, the RSymons one isn’t great and arguably misleading.

I’m not suggesting the efficiency isn’t good, but heat pump owners often get that sort of efficiency before Highland so yiu really need a scientific comparison to know if it’s significantly improved
Yes not scientific but the man does a lot of miles in EV’s so he’s also probably got a reasonable idea. I’d not fully discount this information and in these early days not too much to go on.

Reactions: boombap and Js1977
Are we scrutinising cars or people now?... All seems a bit personal to me :rolleyes:
I trust his review and data. I mean it’s on video so while yes you don’t get to watch all the driving I don’t see why he’d have any reason to try to deceive us. He does have a vested interest in growing EV demand but regardless I think his opinion is fair and I’ve seen a US video now getting similar efficiency so I think the Highland is pretty good.

I trust his review and data. I mean it’s on video so while yes you don’t get to watch all the driving I don’t see why he’d have any reason to try to deceive us. He does have a vested interest in growing EV demand but regardless I think his opinion is fair and I’ve seen a US video now getting similar efficiency so I think the Highland is pretty good.
+1

Also since he won't have any Highland models for sale likely in the near future, why be so positive when it can only steer people away from buying a pre-owned earlier version? Seems better for him to say the new version is only marginally improved if people are questioning his veracity.

Please just tell us his idea of a conclusion so we don’t have to sit through yet another video. We shouldn’t have to give up 10 mins of our life to find out there’s no change, the RWD is 10% better or whatever

I dont know what your bitterness toward the guy but it hasn't gone unnoticed for a long time.

You dont have to watch it if you dont want to but some of us enjoy watching relative content without prejudice.

If you really want to moan about it, I suggest you watch it.. we are not your skivvies 🤷‍♂️

RWD 286 miles (90% of rated)

v

LR 352 miles at 100% (also about 90% of rated)

LR at 80% is therefore 281 miles

So a LR at the recommended 80% has pretty much the same range as the RWD

Of course for your extra 10k you also get AWD, better performance, higher max charge rate and improved HiFi

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I dont know what your bitterness toward the guy but it hasn't gone unnoticed for a long time.

You dont have to watch it if you dont want to but some of us enjoy watching relative content without prejudice.

If you really want to moan about it, I suggest you watch it.. we are not your skivvies 🤷‍♂️
And your unfettered support for them is also noted

The comparisons and normally good but there have been many technical inaccuracies in their videos. They, as with many YouTube videos, seem to be twice as long as they need to be to cover the topic and draw a conclusion.
He did say generally. No one is perfect but generally Ive not found that many inaccuracies that are worth mentioning for general consumption. To be fair you could nit pick any of the major reviewers. They all vary and it's up to us to find the middle ground.

Throwing prejudice, not watching the content and and asking me to watch it and write the minutes so that they can then comment on is imho lame.

Reactions: boombap
They have the same battery as previous cars. Any drag coefficient reductions (which were already very low) and motor efficiency would be in the realm of margin of error, in my opinion.

The comparisons and normally good but there have been many technical inaccuracies in their videos. They, as with many YouTube videos, seem to be twice as long as they need to be to cover the topic and draw a conclusion.
Apropos of nothing but the reason for the superfluous padding is purely to game the YouTube monetisation algorithm, which "prefers" long form videos. It's pretty annoying when as a viewer you just want the executive summary.

He did say generally. No one is perfect but generally Ive not found that many inaccuracies that are worth mentioning for general consumption. To be fair you could nit pick any of the major reviewers. They all vary and it's up to us to find the middle ground.

Throwing prejudice, not watching the content and and asking me to watch it and write the minutes so that they can then comment on is imho lame.
I didn’t ask you to and prejudice works both ways.

I’ve summarised the content, wasn’t earth shattering was it, and pretty much what we all knew based on prior cars, if you think it’s high quality then that’s your choice, but there’s nothing in that video that’s notable. The only thing different to earlier cars is a slightly different drag coefficient that will be common to both RWD and LR, it’s a shame the poster couldn’t have offered that as part of the post and that would have made it a worthwhile contribution.