Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit a deer...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

zambono

Mar 1, 2016
DC
Hit a deer yesterday with my 2 month old S. I'm still pissed, just venting. It's a solid car, saw it coming from the left slammed on brakes and veered slightly to the left. Bumper and hood took the brunt, seems like the fender is untouched and the light might be pushed slightly down. Could have been worse, everything works, now let's see if Tesla has gotten better with these parts.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    493.9 KB · Views: 383
  • Love
Reactions: privater
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully your parts are repaired/replaced and you're back to pristine shape in short order.

Would have been interested, had this happened after the upcoming 8.0 release, if the radar had identified the threat and applied the brakes. But I suppose we'll find that out over the next several months.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully your parts are repaired/replaced and you're back to pristine shape in short order.

Would have been interested, had this happened after the upcoming 8.0 release, if the radar had identified the threat and applied the brakes. But I suppose we'll find that out over the next several months.
Doubt it highly, 2 lane road. Came from the farms in the left, I saw it before any front facing radar or cam would have. I didn't see it after hitting, my father said it flew over the car. You can thank that on the hood angle. Some guys in a pickup stopped, they are probably eating it now.

Doubt it highly, 2 lane road. Came from the farms in the left, I saw it before any front facing radar or cam would have. I didn't see it after hitting, my father said it flew over the car. You can thank that on the hood angle. Some guys in a pickup stopped, they are probably eating it now.

Did the car give any sort of warning?

It sounds like you're saying the deer was outside of a 45 degree arc to each side of the nose for most of the time to react?

Zbo, man, you're damn lucky. Living near the woods/farms you've probably seen your share of 'deer totals'......usually not a good ending. Glad to hear you're unharmed. Keep us posted on the repair progress and insurance company's cooperation. Thanks.

Zambian, I'm truly sorry for unfortunate situation and hope you can get your baby repaired to like new condition and back on the road in the shortest time possible. That being said, it could have been worse and your misfortune brought to mind a similar situation that occurred about 25 years ago that was captured on a 911 call. Hopefully enough time has passed since your accident and I hope your name isn't Joe. Enjoy Man hits deer with car

Hit a deer yesterday with my 2 month old S. I'm still pissed, just venting. It's a solid car, saw it coming from the left slammed on brakes and veered slightly to the left. Bumper and hood took the brunt, seems like the fender is untouched and the light might be pushed slightly down. Could have been worse, everything works, now let's see if Tesla has gotten better with these parts.
Sorry to hear. I hit dear with a 6 month old Ford Edge a few years ago. I was pissed to. Right where the hood, grill and left fender come together. All three pieces had to be replaced. They fixed it up good as new. Hope you get fixed quick.