Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model S Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like the Hong Kong Model S delivery could be at least one month delay (was told late June/early July, now late July/early August for the first non-signature boat. This is what head quarter wrote me:

I hope they keep that "Apple Philosophy" of delivering earlier, rather than later, once schedules are in. I heard many stories of people who were contacted that their car was ready weeks earlier, and if they could take delivery.

What a luxury problem for Tesla - such a backlog, compared to other car companies that produce stock to fill up shops and hopefully be sold later.

Again, compared with Apple, this stage is "iPhone 3" ...

Delivery time...

Since the order status for my Model S is still "We have begun sourcing parts for your Model S Signature"

I don't think there is any hope for me to get the car any time before July...

Anyone of you seeing sign of delivery yet?

It is really starting to annoy me:mad:

Since the order status for my Model S is still "We have begun sourcing parts for your Model S Signature"

Wow, even for the Signature?

Did you order anything special which could have delayed it?

I have heard that deliveries will vary by equipment, as in what is more or less in back order at the time. Not sure if it's still relevant, but at least it used to be. Though it seems that you have similar options to the other two Signature takers listed in the delivery thread ...

It certainly doesn't show well for those of us who are non-sig owners, but for sure, I'm not going to start shouting about it, or suing Tesla. Not that I am not eager to get it, but I am sure they are doing what they can to deliver - in fact, I am sure Tesla is about as excited as we are, to get the HK market started.

While we are waiting, I really hope they get those super chargers up to speed - it will really be vital to the HK market that there are super chargers in place by the time the car hits the streets in larger numbers. Otherwise, there will soon be a smearing campaign by Apple Daily, SCMP and the rest of the gang. Tesla, don't even give these journos any chance to ridicule the car, ok?

Find me the French man. Find me Jaques Mayol.

No, Enzo, find me my Tesla. Find me some good selection of superchargers.

I tried to log into the Tesla iOS app yesterday. It didn't complain about the username / password combination (using the same credentials as logging in on teslamotors.com)

Tesla App - no vehicles linked (yet).PNG

"Your vehicle may not be ready" - well, I didn't expect it to be ready!

Linda emailed me couple days ago and she still said " Right now your delivery is anticipated for end of June, possibly first weeks of July.*"

Linda emailed me couple days ago and she still said " Right now your delivery is anticipated for end of June, possibly first weeks of July.*"

... and you are Signature holder #28. I wonder how much later those of us with non-Signature reservations will lag behind?

#28 - sonywong - September 2012 - 26/2/2014 - June/July 2014 - Performance+ Max out (except subzero package) / Multi-coat red / Grey 21" / Sig White leather performance seat
#35 - ekwng - Summer 2012 - 27/2/2014 - June/July 2014 - Max out (except cold weather package) / Grey / Grey 21" / Sig White leather performance
#49 - Rotorbow - December 2012 - 11/2/2014 - June 2014 - VIN S37130 - Performance+ Max out (except subzero package) / Sig White / Grey 21" / Sig White leather performance seat
#60 - Alipapa - Jan 2013 - 27/2/2014 - summer 2014 - P85+, everything but sub zero pack./ Signature Red / Grey 21" / Sig Performance White leather

Did you get your VIN yet? Rotorbow placed the Signature deposit three months later, and he has a VIN already.

OK!

Things are looking better then ... I could imagine non Sigs to arrive in end of July or August, though I didn't hear anything from Tesla for a while.

Did they send you an email, or does it just update on the dashboard page without notice?