Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday update? what can we expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really want CarPlay.. not so much for the navi sort of things - but more for the music integration as teslas software is real *sugar*. That is coming from me as a Senior SW engineer its pathetic the implementation methods they use. ;(
I wish Elon could realize how off putting the music integration in these vehicles is. It’s going to ensure that this car will be my one and only Tesla. Six months in and I’m already extremely tired of having to pre-select music on my phone every time I get into the car. I’m astonished that Bluetooth integration is so poor. We have family subscription to Apple Music and I don’t feel I should be forced to subscribe to Tidal (Spotify sounds terrible via streaming) just to be able to access a music library in a 2022 model car. Enough of this nonsense already.

A christmas list:

1) Amazon Music and Apple Music integration.
2) Unification of FSDbeta with NOA( Navigate on Autopilot) - it’s tricky to cross through the software boundaries while driving…
3) More user moveable controls on the LCD screen
4) Control over the follow distance - I’d like to add a few car lengths especially in the winter.
5) auto parking in a home garage
6) reduced speed limits in a driveway ( 25 mph is way too fast for FSDbeta in my 80 foot driveway.)
7) big improvements in parallel street parking
8) Smart Summon that is so useful that we will routinely use it.

okay, it’s a I-wish list….and still no Tesla Network in anyone’s conversations…

I have a few wishes:
A driver-focused UI that gives me all information I want with a glance and all controls I want/need quickly (I should NEVER need a sub-menu while driving unless I am doing something really uncommon).
If I disable ANY automated feature the car should remember (looking at you auto seat heaters).
Ability to shrink (or totally disable) the car visualization at least back to V9 size and/or put actually useful info and controls there.
Fix up all the tiny sliders and progress bars in music and climate and make them easier to see/use or replace with +/- buttons.

I don't care if all this makes the UI look less modern. I wan't the design driven by tones of usability testing so it is safety-focused just like so much of the mechanical design of the car is.

Here is the thing, V11 was a huge step back in many ways but if they would double down on the customization it could become amazing. Let us put many more controls down there (or even in a few other places). Let us make the visualization smaller. Hell, let us have a few other options for things to display in the space of the visualization (basically bring back the idea of the cards and make the visualization just one of the cards you could swipe between). That might be the best way to use that space and would give everybody what they want. For example I would much rather have an energy graph+Wh/mi readout docked there then the car cartoon.

I have a few wishes:
A driver-focused UI that gives me all information I want with a glance and all controls I want/need quickly (I should NEVER need a sub-menu while driving unless I am doing something really uncommon).
If I disable ANY automated feature the car should remember (looking at you auto seat heaters).
Ability to shrink (or totally disable) the car visualization at least back to V9 size and/or put actually useful info and controls there.
Fix up all the tiny sliders and progress bars in music and climate and make them easier to see/use or replace with +/- buttons.

I don't care if all this makes the UI look less modern. I wan't the design driven by tones of usability testing so it is safety-focused just like so much of the mechanical design of the car is.

Here is the thing, V11 was a huge step back in many ways but if they would double down on the customization it could become amazing. Let us put many more controls down there (or even in a few other places). Let us make the visualization smaller. Hell, let us have a few other options for things to display in the space of the visualization (basically bring back the idea of the cards and make the visualization just one of the cards you could swipe between). That might be the best way to use that space and would give everybody what they want. For example I would much rather have an energy graph+Wh/mi readout docked there then the car cartoon.

all of this was in pre-ap model S....

Reactions: kavyboy
How do you know that it is not already in the existing HW?
If it was in the existing hardware, then there would have been no need for Tesla to announce that the cars will be using the T-Mobile features being added to starlink. Tesla would just enable native starlink support.

The cars do not have an appropriate antenna required to track a starlink satellite. Almost certainly they do not have a starlink transceiver just sitting there unused either. That's why Tesla will use the T-Mobile assets as it only will require the existing cellphone hardware.

Reactions: DrGriz
I would be happy with fixes for auto wipers and auto high beams. Some UI improvements like more easy access buttons and easier to navigate entertainment system would be great. Fixing the music icons would be the cherry on top!
Unfortunately, I think they will disable my signal stalk (car will sense when I want to turn) and give me another arcade game I don’t care about. Probably, a new fart noise.

I would be happy with fixes for auto wipers and auto high beams. Some UI improvements like more easy access buttons and easier to navigate entertainment system would be great. Fixing the music icons would be the cherry on top!
Unfortunately, I think they will disable my signal stalk (car will sense when I want to turn) and give me another arcade game I don’t care about. Probably, a new fart noise.

Name any other luxury brand that has even half the fart selection of a Tesla. I challenge you ...