Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Link Automatic Garage Opener

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just helped him remove the bumper and put it back on. I missed taking a photo of the module but it's just a square black box that sits up high behind the bumper.

Attachments

• 20190830_084356.jpg
    20190830_084356.jpg
    598.6 KB · Views: 184
Aren't you in the same situation where someone at Tesla has to do something? Sounds easier said than done judging from your e-mail correspondence.
Yes, but I actually have the physical device installed, I just need to go to the service center. Through Tesla, they first ship the device to the service center, then the service center calls you to make an appointment. It’s been more than 2 months and that hasn’t happened. Also, in some ways I prefer
doing my own work whenever possible. I have seen posts where people have had damage from Tesla service removing their bumper. I know I’m going to be more careful than anyone else because it’s my car.

You have to remove the frunk interior trim in order to get to the upper bumper bolts. It really isn't hard. My friend and I removed my bumper in 10 minutes so that I could install a used homelink module from Ebay. I then only needed the service center to do a reconfiguration to get Homelink to pop up on the MCU. It was super cheap this way.
Hey!... where exactly does the homelink go? I know behind the bumper, but driver side, passenger, center... could you post a pic or any info on this? I need it!!

• Helpful
Reactions: spectrablue
I ordered mine on August 13th. Still no words. I wrote them several times and no response. I have "
Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance" edition with all bells and whistles and garage opener was not there by default. They said its a quick upgrade and while I paid $300 for it still waiting for over a month. I do have email confirming my order with order # in it (((((

Has anyone tried installing the prior generation Homelink Module 1005371-00-B in a Model 3? That part number is going for $50 on eBay and would be an awesome deal if it functioned... The Tesla Parts Catalog shows both versions on the Model X and S catalogs, but not on the Model 3 catalog.

Attachments

• Homelink Controllers.png
    Homelink Controllers.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 93
Has anyone tried installing the prior generation Homelink Module 1005371-00-B in a Model 3? That part number is going for $50 on eBay and would be an awesome deal if it functioned... The Tesla Parts Catalog shows both versions on the Model X and S catalogs, but not on the Model 3 catalog.
You will still need to take it to the service center to get them to update the firmware and get the house icon on the screen. They had to flash mine twice.

Fred

Reactions: drewpost
I didn't watch the full procedure, but I don't think the mobile tech that did mine removed the whole bumper. He turned my wheels all the way to one side and then loosened some bolts just on that side. So I think maybe there is a way to slip it in from the side of the wheel well, like how you disconnect the noise maker, as long as the bumper is loose.

Reactions: drewpost