Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink Garage Door Opening no longer included with Premium Interior Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't believe I missed this until now but just wow... Not sure what Tesla is thinking here by removing HomeLink from the Model 3 but whatever the thought is, it's completely and totally wrong. At a minimum it should be available as an option so you don't have to waste a service centers time doing the install post delivery.

Jeff

Can't believe I missed this until now but just wow... Not sure what Tesla is thinking here by removing HomeLink from the Model 3 but whatever the thought is, it's completely and totally wrong. At a minimum it should be available as an option so you don't have to waste a service centers time doing the install post delivery.

Jeff

For a normal company, yes. For fledgling Tesla - not going to happen at the moment. It complicates the delivery process, causes trouble if the customer doesn’t pick up the car etc.

For a normal company, yes. For fledgling Tesla - not going to happen at the moment. It complicates the delivery process, causes trouble if the customer doesn’t pick up the car etc.

At some point that excuse is going to have to stop... It was a standard feature, there's absolutely no logical reason to remove it, and hogging an already massively overwhelmed service system for a trivial install that should have been done at the factory is the epitome of today's Tesla...

Jeff

• Love
Reactions: kavyboy and neroden
At some point that excuse is going to have to stop... It was a standard feature, there's absolutely no logical reason to remove it, and hogging an already massively overwhelmed service system for a trivial install that should have been done at the factory is the epitome of today's Tesla...

Jeff

I don’t disagree. I’m guessing most people don’t use the feature (Tesla can track that) so it was an easy way for them to save money. I use the feature every day, for what it’s worth.

Does anyone have anything in writing from Tesla to help argue including Homelink in the due bill for a car delivered without it, but ordered before the announcement? Just want to shorten the time of the argument on saturday's delivery. Thanks

I would guess yours will come with HomeLink if you ordered before it no longer came with it. There have been a few orders delivered in the last week or so with HomeLink present and correct because the order date was pre-removal. Let us know, though. I personally haven’t read of anyone having trouble here yet.

• Disagree
Reactions: Hut and neroden
I already called, they told me that my car was built mid-June and won't come with Homelink, even if I ordered in May. He would not commit to including it over the phone so I do expect push back at delivery once I start insisting on it. Not a problem, will fight over it but I'd rather avoid the hassle if there is anything in writing.

I already called, they told me that my car was built mid-June and won't come with Homelink, even if I ordered in May. He would not commit to including it over the phone so I do expect push back at delivery once I start insisting on it. Not a problem, will fight over it but I'd rather avoid the hassle if there is anything in writing.

I wouldn’t take what they say as gospel. Just wait and see. The delivery centers know when it was removed so you can have a discussion there as and when. Not much else you can do till you’re on site with the car.

I don’t see this as much different from ordering a car with a paint color that’s no longer available after you placed the order. The factory knows what they have to put in. Let’s hope they did the right thing!

Ordered 5/24. Produced 6/15. Taking delivery today. Initial sales rep said it would be included. Tesla support and the delivery advisor said it’s not included. I will certain argue for it when taking delivery later today. Purchase agreement says “Your Vehicle is priced and configured based on features and options available at the time of order”. Homelink was available when I ordered.

If they don’t include it this is a clear bait and switch tactic. It’s like arriving to take delivery and seeing you only have 3 wheels installed. Should I be fearful of other features being missing?...

I’ll update tonight if I got it added to the due bill.

• Love
Reactions: neroden and 3Sweet
Today my delivery guy emailed me that “according to his management” Homelink is included based on delivery date, not order date. Any order delivered on or before May 30, 2019 would have Homelink standard. No luck for me.

Of course I’m pushing back with the delivery manager and store manager if needed using the purchase agreement clause quoted above. Actually the wording is so clear that it really doubt they would not include it , otherwise it could be easily challenged in small claims court (not that i want to go that route)

Reactions: neroden

Did you print out the specs of the car when you ordered it and date-stamp them? How about on the date you signed the MVPA?

The line in the purchase agreement is crystal clear. Managers have no discretion to break the law. Hope you don't have to go to court, but if Tesla tries to bait-and-switch you any further, go ahead and take it to court -- Tesla listens when they lose court cases.

Ordered 5/24. Produced 6/15. Taking delivery today. Initial sales rep said it would be included. Tesla support and the delivery advisor said it’s not included. I will certain argue for it when taking delivery later today. Purchase agreement says “Your Vehicle is priced and configured based on features and options available at the time of order”. Homelink was available when I ordered.

If they don’t include it this is a clear bait and switch tactic. It’s like arriving to take delivery and seeing you only have 3 wheels installed. Should I be fearful of other features being missing?...

I’ll update tonight if I got it added to the due bill.

Took delivery today. Homelink wasn’t installed but after I showed that line from the purchase agreement they then set up a schedule to get Homelink purchased and installed, WITHOUT charge. I recommend you all bring that purchase agreement and show them the text that says “Your vehicle is priced and configured based on features and options available at the time of order”. It’s a clear bait and switch tactic if they don’t agree to add it after delivery. Best of luck.

Reactions: IronQQQ and G78M3
Today my delivery guy emailed me that “according to his management” Homelink is included based on delivery date, not order date. Any order delivered on or before May 30, 2019 would have Homelink standard. No luck for me.

Of course I’m pushing back with the delivery manager and store manager if needed using the purchase agreement clause quoted above. Actually the wording is so clear that it really doubt they would not include it , otherwise it could be easily challenged in small claims court (not that i want to go that route)
This isn’t true, there are tons of examples in this thread proving this wrong.

My car is a June build and has it.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Whoever found that "Wayback" website is a neat resource. It has multiple saved pages from the Tesla build page (not every day) and it has one from May 27, with homelink on there, and another from May 31, where it was removed.

I have sent them to my delivery and sales guy and we will see how much pushing this takes.

Although off topic, I would also note that according to Wayback, on May 20, 2019 the premium interior had no limit on connectivity, on May 27, the description was changed to a one-year limit.

I wonder if anyone knows if Wayback accurately records when pages were changed. I.E., was the May 20, 2019 capture in effect until May 27?

I may have a "connectivity" argument as well.

Although off topic, I would also note that according to Wayback, on May 20, 2019 the premium interior had no limit on connectivity, on May 27, the description was changed to a one-year limit.

I wonder if anyone knows if Wayback accurately records when pages were changed. I.E., was the May 20, 2019 capture in effect until May 27?

I may have a "connectivity" argument as well.

Interesting. Would be curious to see if there’s any legal implication there.

At the same time, I’m happy to hand over $100 a year. I think Tesla should be making money on this by now.