Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink - UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to let you know the Ranger came out and retrofitted my Homelink free of charge. It took a bit longer than I expected though - over two hours!
How did you manage to persuade them to do it for free? I collect my M3 next week and as ordered at the start of May when it showed it having in the car spec I want to ensure they fit it free of charge. Have you got a copy of the email you sent them or correspondence that I could use to get mine fitted. Thanks.

Hi Huggybear
I had this today when I picked up. No Homelink installed. They are ordering it for me and a ranger will come and fit it once it arrives.
All I had to do was show him the list of included items I had when I ordered the car, the Homelink is on there and he accepted that it would not cost me anything.
I've opened a conversation with you and sent you the paperwork. You'll need to click on the icon at the top of the page to see the conversation (the one next to your profile on the home page)

Last edited:
Hi Huggybear
I had this today when I picked up. No Homelink installed. They are ordering it for me and a ranger will come and fit it once it arrives.
All I had to do was show him the list of included items I had when I ordered the car, the Homelink is on there and he accepted that it would not cost me anything.
I've opened a conversation with you and sent you the paperwork. You'll need to click on the icon at the top of the page to see the conversation (the one next to your profile on the home page)

Hi Martin

I’d really appreciate that as well if possible? Certainly a feature that was available when I ordered (1st May and changed order on 8th May - still there).. and it’s an option I was planning on making use of. Didn’t honestly think I’d need to take screenshots of everything to prove what was included! Live and learn for the next one..

Cheers, James

USB cables never been included in UK spec M3. Cost cutting or avoiding supplying items that may not be used - if you supply all, then highly likely that at least one set wont be used. £14 accessory from Tesla for a Built for iPhone cable.

Last edited:
When they called to confirm pickup and payment I mentioned the homelink should be fitted and they didnt put up a fight. Said they will add it to my notes that it needs to be fitted. There was obviously no time for them to do it this month.
Cheers S.

Reactions: Roy W.
I thought that Homelink was removed from cars ordered after end May? Hence the problem. Those with cars ordered in May, Homelink was part of the spec, but it was not factory fitted on cars that ended up in UK due to the shipping timescales and delays so these deliveries did not match the spec ordered. Post May, ordered spec matches delivery spec, so no loss of functionality.

Last edited: