Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink will not work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have gone through the Homelink setup in my new MS at least 12 times and it simply will not open the garage door. I have followed every step in the instructions religiously, the headlights flash, the opener in the garages flashes for programming, etc. yet am not able to setup. I understand that the Homelink touch button (picture of house) should turn green when properly set up but mine is still gray. The garage door opener is a 2 yr. old Genie which works perfectly with its remotes but not with my car. Is anyone else having this problem or is my Tesla Homelink software defective?

Mine does work, but not well, the range is nothing compared to the remote that came with the opener, so much to my annoyance, I have that clipped to the sunvisor.
Another item in that thread, someone lengthened their opener's antenna and it helped. Something to try, as they are usually just a piece of wire and it might help pick up the signal from the Tesla's transmitter.

(BTW, got a pile of your stuff waiting for my new X! :D )

Another item in that thread, someone lengthened their opener's antenna and it helped. Something to try, as they are usually just a piece of wire and it might help pick up the signal from the Tesla's transmitter.

(BTW, got a pile of your stuff waiting for my new X! :D )
Thanks, I did that, extended the antenna outside the garage, but still no joy. I think they (Liftmaster) make a widget that amplifies the signal, but it's not compatible with my model. Not a big deal, but I do miss the door opening automatically. And yay for buying a pile of stuff :)

Reactions: boaterva
I had the same problem after a Ranger reset my software trying to fix another problem- my Homelink has never worked since then. Back to the old remote on the visor, like a cave man or something!

But at least I don't come home and see my garage is open because I parked in the driveway and the Homelink opened the door in error unnoticed as I left. :eek:

Overall, I'm happier with the remote. :D