Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:

I overstudied and overworried about all this. I printed out 3 different delivery checklists and memorized the most important parts. In the end, the car was delivered two days ago, to my home, in perfect physical shape. No gaps, no paint defects, no condensation in tail lights. Car was washed and even the tires were treated so they had the "wet" look. The Saint Louis team was professional and responsive.

To save you the trouble of looking at my first post, my Model 3 is AWD, LR, white, with 19" wheels. The VIN 94xxx. v9.0 2019.7.105 cc3d741.

Two anomalies that may be HW 3 related (if I even have that mythical board). No autopilot yet, even at 119 miles (can't stop driving it). No Sentry Mode. And I haven't experienced collision warning; yes, I tested it.

Manager is looking into this. I will probably ask service to push an update.

Bad news about the glass roof for fans of the old roof. Looks like Tesla changed their source. No iridescent appearance, even in rain. And it is very dark. The upside: great sun protection. I bought the sun screens, but they are probably superfluous. My recommendation would be for new buyers to hold off until they take delivery before they buy sun screens, or get tinting. The roof is that good/bad.

This car is stupid fast. Just totally not necessary, but definitely fun. 0-60 in 5.6 seconds on a steep uphill onramp. Haven't tested on level pavement. I said that I wan't to be a Tesla ambassador, but I find myself worrying about looking like a jerk when I accelerate. So I really emphasize my blinkers for lane changes and make an effort not to zip around.

Stats app was worth the $15. Now I can open the front trunk, using my watch with Siri commands. I can also unlock the car from my watch so I don't have to carry any card or fob. But if you go this way, you will have to at least have a key card stashed somewhere or you WILL NOT be able to drive the car. You get a lot of data from the Stats app. Not yet really dived into it, but looks like TeslaFi is telling me more about my car while Stats provides that amazing watch functionality.

Buying the car was easy. Painless.

Buying from the Shop was another matter. Even though customers have a login, there is no way to look at past orders. When I initially tried to place my order, it wouldn't go through. I called my cc company, no record of even an attempted transaction. When I heard from a Tesla Shop person, they also had no record of an attempted transaction. Turns out, the all-weather trunk liner had sold out while it was still sitting in the shopping cart. No way to tell. Just a generic error message when I tried to pay.

For the HPWC, I had to request tracking info twice. This is more significant since I have been trying to schedule the electrician. So very not Amazon, or any other 21st century vendor.

Haven't touched the 135i except to get shopping bags and an umbrella out.

Update:

I overstudied and overworried about all this. I printed out 3 different delivery checklists and memorized the most important parts. In the end, the car was delivered two days ago, to my home, in perfect physical shape. No gaps, no paint defects, no condensation in tail lights. Car was washed and even the tires were treated so they had the "wet" look. The Saint Louis team was professional and responsive.

To save you the trouble of looking at my first post, my Model 3 is AWD, LR, white, with 19" wheels. The VIN 94xxx. v9.0 2019.7.105 cc3d741.

Two anomalies that may be HW 3 related (if I even have that mythical board). No autopilot yet, even at 119 miles (can't stop driving it). No Sentry Mode. And I haven't experienced collision warning; yes, I tested it.

Manager is looking into this. I will probably ask service to push an update.

Bad news about the glass roof for fans of the old roof. Looks like Tesla changed their source. No iridescent appearance, even in rain. And it is very dark. The upside: great sun protection. I bought the sun screens, but they are probably superfluous. My recommendation would be for new buyers to hold off until they take delivery before they buy sun screens, or get tinting. The roof is that good/bad.

This car is stupid fast. Just totally not necessary, but definitely fun. 0-60 in 5.6 seconds on a steep uphill onramp. Haven't tested on level pavement. I said that I wan't to be a Tesla ambassador, but I find myself worrying about looking like a jerk when I accelerate. So I really emphasize my blinkers for lane changes and make an effort not to zip around.

Stats app was worth the $15. Now I can open the front trunk, using my watch with Siri commands. I can also unlock the car from my watch so I don't have to carry any card or fob. But if you go this way, you will have to at least have a key card stashed somewhere or you WILL NOT be able to drive the car. You get a lot of data from the Stats app. Not yet really dived into it, but looks like TeslaFi is telling me more about my car while Stats provides that amazing watch functionality.

Buying the car was easy. Painless.

Buying from the Shop was another matter. Even though customers have a login, there is no way to look at past orders. When I initially tried to place my order, it wouldn't go through. I called my cc company, no record of even an attempted transaction. When I heard from a Tesla Shop person, they also had no record of an attempted transaction. Turns out, the all-weather trunk liner had sold out while it was still sitting in the shopping cart. No way to tell. Just a generic error message when I tried to pay.

For the HPWC, I had to request tracking info twice. This is more significant since I have been trying to schedule the electrician. So very not Amazon, or any other 21st century vendor.

Haven't touched the 135i except to get shopping bags and an umbrella out.

I’ve been waiting for that trunk liner for ages. I feel your pain.