Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horn??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't really know what has me interested in this, but does anyone have a video of a Model S honking the horn? Model S Owners- If you have any free time will you please post a video of yourself honking the horn? I only ask because there seems to be nowhere on the internet where the horn is featured on a video.. Thanks in advance!!

No one has taken a video of making a fort out of the parcel shelf yet.

mmmkay well sorry if wanting to know something about a car I'm going to buy offends you.. :/ (and people have taken videos of much more petty things than the horn too, just to let you know)

I also think many people would benefit from hearing if the horn is wimpy like a honda or aggressive like a semi. I know I would.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this really such a strange request that people need to be a-holes about it? Geez people take a chill pill it's just a horn.

mmmkay well sorry if wanting to know something about a car I'm going to buy offends you.. :/ (and people have taken videos of much more petty things than the horn too, just to let you know)

I also think many people would benefit from hearing if the horn is wimpy like a honda or aggressive like a semi. I know I would.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this really such a strange request that people need to be a-holes about it? Geez people take a chill pill it's just a horn.

K, time for deep breathing. I too have never heard the horn and would actually like to. If my PS is correct I definitely will in about 3 weeks.

All kidding aside, we are all just having fun in a fun place while driving and waiting for our fun cars. I'm absolutely positive there was never any offense meant. Really.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry! We were just joking around. (But I have asked for a fort video in the past.) I didn't think any of this reached the level of call us a-holes. -hands out chill pills to everyone-

Sorry! We were just joking around. (But I have asked for a fort video in the past.) I didn't think any of this reached the level of call us a-holes. -hands out chill pills to everyone-
So sorry!! You can't ever tell someones tone on the internet haha.. My bad completely!!

- - - Updated - - -

There was a thread in the past about the horn. This video came up:

Tesla Test Drive - YouTube

pre-production car, but presumably the same. I suspect the horn is from the Mercedes parts bin.

Charlie -

Thank you sooo much!! This completely answers my question!

well some one need to make some funny video with a Tesla sneaking up behind some one an press the horn:
man with a news paper wake into a light pole
kid with ipod crosses a red light

common point no one notice the horn, they all have an solo accident
the EV uses the horn to warn the pedestrian that they are about to do

I’ll admit I was curious, too. We’ve owned one for 28 days and I still have no idea what the horn sounds like. Now, of course, I’ll have to keep it a mystery for as long as possible! (We once bought a new car that would blow a fuse when you honked the horn, so it was expensive to use it – perhaps that got me out of the habit. The dealer was properly mortified when we brought it in after we realized that’s what was happening.)

Last edited:
So sorry!! You can't ever tell someones tone on the internet haha.. My bad completely!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you sooo much!! This completely answers my question!
You could probably always change the horn out ... my Leaf horn sounded wimpy. So I swapped it out for a "real" one for under $20.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll admit I was curious, too. We’ve owned one for 28 days and I still have no idea what the horn sounds like. Now, of course, I’ll have to keep it a mystery for as long as possible! (We once bought a new car that would blow a when you honked the horn, so it was expensive to use it – perhaps that got me out of the habit. The dealer was properly mortified when we brought it in after we realized that’s what was happening.)
Not following ... "that would blow a ????? when you honked the horn, so it was expensive to use it" ... what currency? :) You lost me!