Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotwheels Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally managed to add some Teslas to my stable:
Teslas.jpg

Reactions: loganss
So when I went on a hunt for them I found all of the available types at all the stores that sell toys.

Walwart
Kmart
Dollar General
Dollar Tree (was surprised here, but hey, they mark em up to 1$ and make a bit of a profit!)

Walmart tends to be the best I have found to hunt for them, because inevitably they have a giant bucket/bin with hundreds of cars in them.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way I fully intend to bring my collection to the east coast get-together (Past meets Future) in VA. I will happily share what I have scrounged up thus far for those interested.

So ... I went to King Soopers yesterday and found a boat load of Tesla Hot Wheels (red). I bought 19 of them. Not sure if it's cost effective to ship these, even at no markup? Doing the math, my cost is $1 + $2.60 for shipping + $0.50 for the padded envelope = $4.10. Does anyone want one for $4.10 or should I return most of these?

Keep a look out for the HW Treasure Hunt of that new Roadster release. They have metallic red paint and different wheels.

Thanks a lot. I thought I just completed the set when I found a silver Model S, now I have to start looking for the fancy Roadster. (Though it is possible that one of the ones I got is, I haven't looked at it that close yet.)

Thanks a lot. I thought I just completed the set when I found a silver Model S, now I have to start looking for the fancy Roadster. (Though it is possible that one of the ones I got is, I haven't looked at it that close yet.)

Treasure Hunts and Super Treasure Hunts (more rare) will have the little circle-flame symbol on the car AND on the card along with some words placed inside the blister pack.
Good luck!

MATTEL!!!!!!! Look at what you made me do. o_O
IMG_20160317_171709104_2_1600x1169.jpg

I finally got lucky and came across the closest mini-replica to my car out there. It's sad that I've realized the hot wheels deliveries are synced between nearby stores. I'm taking a break to let others get a chance to get the new blue model s hot wheels.

Here are a list of stores I've seen hot wheels carried:
Grocery Stores
Target (my best luck with the Tesla cars)
Walmart
Toys R Us
Five Below
Kmart
Kohls

Nice, the Matchbox matches my blue car even better than the Hot Wheels! I offered my family a Starbucks bounty for the Hot Wheels but it was I who finally score a couple. I might need to up the ante for the Matchbox version (Matchbox is more scarce around these parts; I must live in Hot Wheels territory).

Nice, the Matchbox matches my blue car even better than the Hot Wheels! I offered my family a Starbucks bounty for the Hot Wheels but it was I who finally score a couple. I might need to up the ante for the Matchbox version (Matchbox is more scarce around these parts; I must live in Hot Wheels territory).

Matchbox is rare around here to. The three I have found, 2) red, 1) blue, have come from the same store. None of the other stores that have Matchboxes have ever had a Tesla I could find. (Way more stores have Hot Wheels than Matchboxes.)