Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! Were both of these mailed to you? When do you get the HPWC installed?

- - - Updated - - -

Take a read through this:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/14930-North-Texas-Toll-Tags

I think you will be able to get the standard sticker to work.

HPWC will be installed early next week. Both arrived by regular mail. I have a package at Fedex to pick up today - I think it's my CCI! I decided to splurge after spilling a drink in my car. The location of the cup holders is awkward.

My EZ tag works fine.

HPWC will be installed early next week. Both arrived by regular mail. I have a package at Fedex to pick up today - I think it's my CCI! I decided to splurge after spilling a drink in my car. The location of the cup holders is awkward.

My EZ tag works fine.

Can you take a picture or describe where your EZ tag is located? Mine is directly below the mirror and doesn't work.

Houston Coffee and Cars is again this weekend:

Houston Coffee And Cars
https://www.facebook.com/coffeeandcars

NEXT GATHERING: APRIL 6, 2013 Join us the first Saturday morning of April for our next gathering. From 8:00AM until 10:00AM at Vintage Park.

All are welcome to come by and attend. If you are bringing a Tesla, please try to arrive by 6:30am (!) so you can get a space and we can park together. We are now parking next to:

We Got Your Back Chiropractic - http://wegotyourbackchiropractic.com
110 Vintage Park Blvd. Suite D Building J
Houston, Texas 77070

If you PM me, I will send you my mobile number (in case you can't find us) and I can try to save you a space if you think you will be a little late. We will likely do the driveout at 9:30am so remember to set your active air suspension to LOW for that. :)

We hope to see you there!!

Note: There is an opportunity to meet Elon in Austin on Tuesday if you want to come support Tesla at the House committee hearing. See this thread for more information: Please Help Tesla If You Live In Texas

---

Video of the Teslas at the event (2m54s - 3m17s):

Houston Cars Coffee - April 2013 - YouTube

Driveout (6m08s - 6m35s):

Houston Coffee and Cars April 2013 - Part 2 - YouTube

Last edited:
IMG_2154.JPG

Hope this helps!

- - - Updated - - -

It was great seeing you all at HC&C. Nice turn out: 6 Model S and 1 orange Roadster. I enjoyed meeting/seeing you all.

@Stephen - anything in the works for another Tesla group get together?

Till next time. Have a great weekend.

P.S. don't forget to contact your senator and congressman about the dealership laws (SB1659 and HB3351).
Texas Legislative update: Please help out if you live in Texas

Coffee & Cars was a big success. The interest in our cars was overwhelming! Driving out together was the best -- The crowd loved seeing the active air suspension in action and our aggressive :wink: acceleration. Stephen and I both headed south on the Beltway and he smoked me. I got my courage up and flew past a few Corvettes - THAT was an interesting experience. I won't divulge my top speed on this Forum, though...

Thanks to everyone that came out today for Coffee and Cars--great showing and lots of great discussions. Only one negative guy. :)

@jed-99aggie Not at the moment, but we should plan something! I'll be in Austin Tuesday if anyone else wants to join me.

@Lynn, I bet you $20 that your Eztag does not work there. Instead, you are probably getting billed via a license plate scan. You can test this by trying to go through a lane that has a gate. It won't open. :) Also, if you logon to your EZ tag account, it probably has a warning like "Your EZ TAG number(s) XXXXXXXX may be mounted improperly. Please see tag mounting instructions or check whether you may need a license plate TAG".

Coffee and Cars - Panoramic Photo

20130406_075629.jpg

I want to thank all the owners I met at Coffee and Cars today for talking about their Teslas! This is my first post. I have visited the site numerous times, but I just signed up as a member tonight.

My goal is to be a Model S owner by this time next year!

NOTE: Picture is a panoramic view of the Teslas at Coffee and Cars April 6, 2013. However, even the camera wants more Teslas, so it cloned the silver Model S! There were actually 6 Model S and 1 roadster, but the picture shows what appears to 7 Model S!

That's what the Austin toll roads do... I have my Txtag tucked up in the specified location (right side of mirror) and we still get that annotation for all my toll segments - license plate used instead of textag, blah blah.

Thanks to everyone that came out today for Coffee and Cars--great showing and lots of great discussions. Only one negative guy. :)

@jed-99aggie Not at the moment, but we should plan something! I'll be in Austin Tuesday if anyone else wants to join me.

@Lynn, I bet you $20 that your Eztag does not work there. Instead, you are probably getting billed via a license plate scan. You can test this by trying to go through a lane that has a gate. It won't open. :) Also, if you logon to your EZ tag account, it probably has a warning like "Your EZ TAG number(s) XXXXXXXX may be mounted improperly. Please see tag mounting instructions or check whether you may need a license plate TAG".

If the EZ tag sticker problem is in Austin, I haven't tried it there. I just know that I'm getting charged when I use the toll roads in Houston - I checked my account online.

HOWEVER, I am surprised my son is doing any studying at all in Dallas -- he's out on the toll road almost every flippin' day!! :confused:

Hey, anyone know of a place to plugin at Kemah Boardwalk?

I'm going to be at a developers conference there next week. I called the hotel and they said there was no plug or charger available.

Working on an adaptor to use my friends marine shore power plug in the harbor itself, but not sure. A simple plug, even 110 would be great!

Hey, anyone know of a place to plugin at Kemah Boardwalk?

I'm going to be at a developers conference there next week. I called the hotel and they said there was no plug or charger available.

Working on an adaptor to use my friends marine shore power plug in the harbor itself, but not sure. A simple plug, even 110 would be great!

Do you have time to stop at Houston Gallery and top off?