Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are you coping with the wait for delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personal details > Custom Title.

Btw, you getting the new all glass roof?? I would have totally sprung for that instead of the sunroof.

I think I'm going to switch to it if I can. I don't care about XM and I only open the sunroof on my current car to vent it which is unnecessary on something I can run the HVAC on whenever I want. I got the pano for a more open feel.

Reactions: Model S M.D.
What new all glass roof??

roof.png

I think I'm going to switch to it if I can. I don't care about XM and I only open the sunroof on my current car to vent it which is unnecessary on something I can run the HVAC on whenever I want. I got the pano for a more open feel.

Probably has a much more open feel and increased headroom. The only other downside I see besides XM is you probably can't install a roof rack on the all glass roof.

Probably has a much more open feel and increased headroom. The only other downside I see besides XM is you probably can't install a roof rack on the all glass roof.

Exactly, the photo definitely eliminates the center pillar. I think the "FREE XM FOR EVERYONE" commercials over the last few years is indicative of a rapidly declining customer base. If I find the need for something like a roof rack I'll just install that stealth hitch. It would be less intrusive anyways.

Exactly, the photo definitely eliminates the center pillar. I think the "FREE XM FOR EVERYONE" commercials over the last few years is indicative of a rapidly declining customer base. If I find the need for something like a roof rack I'll just install that stealth hitch. It would be less intrusive anyways.

Roof Rack and Sirius XM are gone with the solid glass roof:

Screenshot 2016-11-04 09.33.58.png

Debating switching from the Pano roof to the new All Glass Roof.. from people's complaints it leaks and does cause some problems and I doubt it is made of the same new glass that is in the solar shingles and on the Model X. Plus eliminating the center pillar opens up a ton of night sky viewing which would be pretty cool!

I just asked, they still charge it. I think it is worth it.
I bet they would ! When is your estimated delivery ?

Delivery late November --

I am not paying 500 to change to it -- i think having the sun roof is nice. we own a range rover evoque that has a all glass roof as well - and though its nice -- ME AS THE DRIVER never look up.

As far as leaks - that seems super ODD -- besides i am sure they would fix such a obvious issue.

I would have debated if they were not charging - but the sunroof is 2000 - the all glass pano is 1500 -- so i would pay 500 more to save 500? doesnt make sense...

I am gonna keep the sun roof !

Reactions: DJ 240V
Delivery late November --

I am not paying 500 to change to it -- i think having the sun roof is nice. we own a range rover evoque that has a all glass roof as well - and though its nice -- ME AS THE DRIVER never look up.

As far as leaks - that seems super ODD -- besides i am sure they would fix such a obvious issue.

I would have debated if they were not charging - but the sunroof is 2000 - the all glass pano is 1500 -- so i would pay 500 more to save 500? doesnt make sense...

I am gonna keep the sun roof !

It is all about value added to the individual. This was a feature I was hoping would port to the Model S when the X released with such a huge windshield. If I were building a new car and the glass roof were $2k and the sunroof was $1500 I'd pay 2 for the all glass roof.

Ok, nice and congrats on the car - I'm certain you will love it.

I did one home delivery in Louisiana and one Houston pick up (when all they had was the Westchase Service Center). Tesla has come a long way in the past 4 years.

Nice, Im in Denham Springs, LA and I ordered an S60 yesterday. I think would prefer to pick up in Houston if it means getting the car sooner.