Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can I install flashing/strobing brake lights ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Fam

I have 2022 Tesla model 3 and I was interested in installing flashing/strobing brake lights because I was rear-ended 3 times within last 2 years. I figure that more people are distracted on the road and I wanted to see if I can have some kind of warning system to drivers behind me. Can I just change the LED flashing bulbs, if not what other options do I have ?
Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays

Many years of human factors research in multiple industries and the NHTSA disagrees with you.
1672877346546.png

Flashing brake lights are still ILLEGAL in the US.

Upvote 0
all those add/layered approach will NOT reduce any distracted drivers crashing into you. that is my point that you keep missing.
You're nuts if you think that layered safety measures don't reduce accidents of all types. Certainly flashing brake lights will not eliminate the risk from distracted drivers, but nobody said that it would. You saying that it will have NO EFFECT is incorrect. This is why they enable this functionality in Europe.

Upvote 0
Hi Fam

I have 2022 Tesla model 3 and I was interested in installing flashing/strobing brake lights because I was rear-ended 3 times within last 2 years. I figure that more people are distracted on the road and I wanted to see if I can have some kind of warning system to drivers behind me. Can I just change the LED flashing bulbs, if not what other options do I have ?
Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays

Should be a simple OTA. Tesla just did a release for rapid flashing brake lights after a collision. No reason that when you step on the brake pedal, it should not do something like 5 fast flashes (no need to flash when you slow using OPD as you are slowing slower... just when you press the brakes). Tweet, I mean X message, Elon. :)

Upvote 0