Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How different is the new Comfort Suspension (October 22 -) to the previous gen (prior to Oct 22 change)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
with the recent info about the Model Y LR and Performance receiving a new Comfort suspension starting with cars manufactured in Texas and Fremont starting October 22, I'm curious just how different the driving feel and comfort really are compared to earlier 22-made cars...

Reactions: Whatstreet
Test it. The PMY suspension is ~1.1cm lower (0.43 inches lower, less than half an inch lower.) Early on, reports that the PMY suspension was 1 inch lower than the LRMY were incorrect.
Hmmm. It's an idea, but this could end up being an expensive test if it doesn't work out, as I am already thinking about the possibility of a lift if the regular LR suspension is too low.

Upvote 0
For anyone else coming to this thread and encountering some of the information (and misinformation):

1. My service centre was willing to supply the new comfort suspension parts AND fit to my 2020 MY. They wanted a couple of hours labour - about $550 Canadian.

2. I decided to DIY and did it this weekend. They had no issues ordering the parts, arrived in a week or so.

Note that I am out of warranty which makes this easier but there is absolutely no difference in parts compatibility between my 2020 and the latest components. Install took me 2-3 hours total - I’m handy but it’s my first time doing suspension so I had a learning curve - first one took probably four times as long as the last!

As to the result, it seems to have taken all the sharp edges off the bumps at lower speeds, overall vibration is less and highway is quieter and smoother. I’d be lying if I said it’s a massive change, but it’s better. I am at 42 psi - I’m guessing reducing that might make a difference too.

Upvote 0