Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I determine if I have Self Driving Hardware 3.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do I know what version of the self driving hardware is installed in my car? The docs on the Tesla website don't say... I took delivery of my M3 Performance on 5/24/2019. It was from existing stock with 250 miles. I know I saw a build date somewhere, but can't find it now.

Thanks,
Drew

You can remove the plate underneath your glove box (the one that houses the area lighting LED) and look at the unit itself. Take a look at the model number, then do a google search for the model number you have. There is/are thread(s) about what model number equals 2.5 and what model number equals 3.0.

I'll see if I can find one of those threads...

Edit: Here you go.

It doesn't really matter right now...even if you bought the FSD option. As soon as you have the FSD option and it actually matters, Tesla will let you know.
While this is true, a lot of people, especially enthusiasts want to know details like that. Same thing with the birth date of the car for example. It really means nothing exactly which day it was produced, but some people go out of their way to get that info.

3.0 and 20.4.4, 06/2019 build.

Attachments

• codec.PNG
    codec.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 210
  • teslafi.PNG
    teslafi.PNG
    14.1 KB · Views: 167