Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I schedule service in the app?????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
It appears there's no way to schedule service in the app for a Tesla that is no longer connected to Tesla. I'm still on v8 and the app apparently requires you upgrade your car before you can schedule service.

I got a recall notice from Tesla saying my airbag needs to be replaced and that I had to schedule mobile service through the app.

Seems like you answered your own question?

How so? You mean by updating? I really have no desire to lose 20% of my range, power, and half my supercharging speed.

It can't be that the car has to be connected to Tesla's service otherwise anyone else having the same issue but on the current software but just not connected wouldn't be able to schedule service.

I'm assuming I'm just being an idiot and can't find option in the app.

Last edited:
How about walking in to a service center and ask them to schedule the service in person.

If they say something about the app just respond with something like "I have a landline phone I don't think it does apps"

Pretty sure it would be illegal for them to refuse to schedule recall work for customers without smartphones.

They might be able to get away with that for scheduling tire rotations, but playing games with an airbag recall would get them in trouble pretty quick I think.

All that said they could probably say that the new airbag requires software update for compatibility reasons, and install the update you don't want while they have the car in for the airbag work.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: croman
How about walking in to a service center and ask them to schedule the service in person.

If they say something about the app just respond with something like "I have a landline phone I don't think it does apps"

Pretty sure it would be illegal for them to refuse to schedule recall work for customers without smartphones.

They might be able to get away with that for scheduling tire rotations, but playing games with a airbag recall would get them in trouble pretty quick I think.

Too far away from the nearest service to just drive there on chance. I'll have to call them though the last time I scheduled service for anything I called and they said I had to do it through the app.

There must be a way to do it in the app. My car still shows up in the app. It just sits there showing connecting where the vehicle status would normally be. I couldn't find the schedule service option in any of the menus. I have the latest version on my android. Hmmm. Let me try my ipad.

Too far away from the nearest service to just drive there on chance. I'll have to call them though the last time I scheduled service for anything I called and they said I had to do it through the app.

There must be a way to do it in the app. My car still shows up in the app. It just sits there showing connecting where the vehicle status would normally be. I couldn't find the schedule service option in any of the menus. I have the latest version on my android. Hmmm. Let me try my ipad.
It’s a top level menu option that says “service”. You can’t miss it if it’s actually there.

FWIW, Fresno is pretty good about picking up the phone if you call and choose the option to inquire about a “car currently in service” (paraphrasing). I’ve found them generally helpful and willing to talk.

Screenshot_20200926-094134_Tesla.jpg
Screenshot_20200926-094132_Tesla.jpg

As far as I know, the only number that is ever answered is the emergency roadside number.
Do you have a different number where a person answers? My local service center has a number but it is answered by a computer and hasn't had a human behind the receiver for over a year. Last time I tried it there wasn't even the option to leave a message.

I haven't loss range on updates, or upgrades. On July 12th they upgraded my car for MCU1, AP2, to MCU2, HW3, FSD Computer, AP3, and didn't loose any range. Have had updates all the way up to 2020.36.11, no lost of range. But I guess on the case you may loose range, is more important than your air bags. I didn't read 13,000 messages either.

They have nothing to do with each other.

They have nothing to do with each other.
Sorry I thought you said you didn't want to loose 20% of range and speed for super charging by upgrading your car. I know I haven't lost range from updating my car, as for super charging, I'm not sure I lost speed, it seem to work fine. What model and year of Tesla do you have? Or are you taking about updating your app? I have a 2017 MS75, bought new, and I know I have got every update. New my car at 90% was 219, now 3+yrs older, I get 210 at 90% and it's been like that for a long time now. I'm sorry you have this problem, but I still would rather have air bags over risk of loss of range. I think you're worried about something that hasn't happen yet.

Sorry I thought you said you didn't want to loose 20% of range and speed for super charging by upgrading your car. I know I haven't lost range from updating my car, as for super charging, I'm not sure I lost speed, it seem to work fine. What model and year of Tesla do you have? Or are you taking about updating your app? I have a 2017 MS75, bought new, and I know I have got every update. New my car at 90% was 219, now 3+yrs older, I get 210 at 90% and it's been like that for a long time now. I'm sorry you have this problem, but I still would rather have air bags over risk of loss of range. I think you're worried about something that hasn't happen yet.
You obviously haven't read that thread. Tesla's battery sabotaging update impacts older 85 KW batteries(which you do not have).

Last edited:
You right I haven't read that thread, I didn't know Tesla was sabotaging 85's, Did they say what the reason for that was? I only know of one person that has a 85d, I think it's an early 2016, or late 2015 AP1, I will call him and ask how his range is after updates. I know he gets them, and he does take road trips in his car. I would still think about getting your air bags fixed. Will get back to you later, when I find out his range.