Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does one find the Supercharger Credits from Referrals?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm totally new to this forum as a member. Having read multiple posts already, I've found them very informative; so I've decided to add a question since I can't exactly figure this one out. I'm a proud 1-year owner of a Tesla 3 Series. Love the car.

I've had two friends take referral codes from me and purchase their own vehicles. (One in Dec 2019, another just two weeks ago- Feb 2020). If I understand it - in the Loot Box on my app; I am slated to receive 1,000 miles of free supercharging. Both of my friends have received their cars and they also have the 1,000 mile credits from my referral; but I'm not finding anything. So, my questions:

When and how do I receive notification that I have gotten the 1,000 miles? On the App? or on the Car's display?

If I learn that the referral credits don't materialize, is there a website or phone number to call and ask?

And when I go to use a Supercharger, does it draw from the mileage credit vs. charging my credit card?

Thank you so much for setting me straight in advance.

When your friends placed their orders, if they used the link the orders should have already showed up on your account. At first it just shows “ordered”, and then once they take delivery it moves over to the “delivered” column, at which point the miles should show up.

If you have bonus miles the Supercharger will draw from them first. However, I always recommend removing your credit card from your account once you confirm you have the bonus miles just to be sure they use them.

Interestingly, I too have 1000 miles showing in my 'loot box'. I've charged at a supercharger on two occasions more than a month ago. The 1000 miles has not been decremented, nor has my card been charged.
This system appears to be extremely low priority for Tesla.

I'm totally new to this forum as a member. Having read multiple posts already, I've found them very informative; so I've decided to add a question since I can't exactly figure this one out. I'm a proud 1-year owner of a Tesla 3 Series. Love the car.

I've had two friends take referral codes from me and purchase their own vehicles. (One in Dec 2019, another just two weeks ago- Feb 2020). If I understand it - in the Loot Box on my app; I am slated to receive 1,000 miles of free supercharging. Both of my friends have received their cars and they also have the 1,000 mile credits from my referral; but I'm not finding anything. So, my questions:

When and how do I receive notification that I have gotten the 1,000 miles? On the App? or on the Car's display?

If I learn that the referral credits don't materialize, is there a website or phone number to call and ask?

And when I go to use a Supercharger, does it draw from the mileage credit vs. charging my credit card?

Thank you so much for setting me straight in advance.
Your amount on the app will change when they add the referral. The supercharging will be deducted from your award amount. If your referral awards don't show up good luck getting them.

Similar situation, I bought my car last May/June when they offered 5,000 free miles. I got them and still using them even though I read on here they were only good for 6 months. About a month after i got my car I referred a friend who bought one and supposedly used my code but I never got that 1,000 miles. I did try to call Tesla once about it but got nowhere. Have never tried to call back again. I am still using the 5,000 miles because I removed my credit card from my account. I'm afraid I'm going to go to a supercharger one day and be denied but hasn't happened yet. Can anybody else shed any more info on this?

Interestingly, I too have 1000 miles showing in my 'loot box'. I've charged at a supercharger on two occasions more than a month ago. The 1000 miles has not been decremented, nor has my card been charged.
This system appears to be extremely low priority for Tesla.

Agreed. A marketing program with no followup. The idea is a good one, to grow word of mouth, but they've failed to back up the offer to the referring community; only rewarding the new buyers, the referees.

Yeah, there weren't anywhere to place the referral code when I was doing the order online, nor in the app. I had to email my sales advisor the code and I somehow got my 1000 miles of free supercharging.

Similar situation, I bought my car last May/June when they offered 5,000 free miles. I got them and still using them even though I read on here they were only good for 6 months. About a month after i got my car I referred a friend who bought one and supposedly used my code but I never got that 1,000 miles. I did try to call Tesla once about it but got nowhere. Have never tried to call back again. I am still using the 5,000 miles because I removed my credit card from my account. I'm afraid I'm going to go to a supercharger one day and be denied but hasn't happened yet. Can anybody else shed any more info on this?

Really, 6 months only? Where did you get that information from?

Is Tesla offering any free Supercharging credits from this coronavirus outbreak? Everyone else is offering something. Like free unlimited data for cell phone or utilities not cutting your service if you don’t pay and no late charges. Etc.

well if it is 6 months then they are not enforcing it because i'm in month 9 and still using superchargers and app is still showing it reducing my balance. I still have about 3500 of the 5000 free miles left. I hope I can continue to use them until they are gone. Was planning a long drive to Vegas in May to use them up but seriously considering cancelling the trip now due to coronavirus.

AFAIK it's 6 months but you get another 6 months added any time you get more miles... so for example I got 2 1k mile referrals late last year, the first would expire in 6 months from being added... but when I got the second that added another 6 months to the expiration date.

Would certainly be nice if tesla listed the actual expiration date per account- but their internal IT appears to largely be written and designed by a blind ferret on meth so...

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
Is Tesla offering any free Supercharging credits from this coronavirus outbreak? Everyone else is offering something. Like free unlimited data for cell phone or utilities not cutting your service if you don’t pay and no late charges. Etc.

they haven't offered any free Supercharging credits, but i'd rather they unlock range instead (they've done that in the past in emergencies)

AFAIK it's 6 months but you get another 6 months added any time you get more miles... so for example I got 2 1k mile referrals late last year, the first would expire in 6 months from being added... but when I got the second that added another 6 months to the expiration date.

Would certainly be nice if tesla listed the actual expiration date per account- but their internal IT appears to largely be written and designed by a blind ferret on meth so...

you're right .My credits have been extended.

they haven't offered any free Supercharging credits, but i'd rather they unlock range instead (they've done that in the past in emergencies)
How would unlocking range have an effect on the corona virus emergency?

As far as I know, the other times that Tesla has unlocked range was for people evacuating due to the potential of a hurricane or similar. Corona Virus doesn't seem to me to be that sort of emergency.

As far as I know, the other times that Tesla has unlocked range was for people evacuating due to the potential of a hurricane or similar. Corona Virus doesn't seem to me to be that sort of emergency.

Schools closed here :( but everyone's out in restaurants ,malls. I'm fleeing coronavirus errr traveling for 2 weeks ;)

Also I was quoting a guy asking for free SC, like some companies are offering unlimited data..

Tesla offered free SC in China during coronavirus emergency there last month. But I do agree it doesn't make sense for Tesla to offer free SC at this point, driving around is probably the last thing they should be promoting. We'd are lucky Tesla hasn't lock down all the cars so we lose the means to travel around :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: vickh
Tesla offered free SC in China during coronavirus emergency there last month. But I do agree it doesn't make sense for Tesla to offer free SC at this point, driving around is probably the last thing they should be promoting. We'd are lucky Tesla hasn't lock down all the cars so we lose the means to travel around :eek:

hmm why in China then, didn't the Chinese crackdown to travel?

I agree about traveling thru planes etc, but private cars should be fine..