Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How good was your CPO deal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I got a decent deal; just put down deposit today:

$60,500

2015 85D
57233 miles
AP1
Deep Blue Metallic
All Glass Pano Roof
19 wheels
Gray Next Gen Seats
Carbon Fiber Decor
White Alcantara Headliner
Smart Air Suspension
Premium Interior Package
Ultra High Fidelity Sound

Starting to worry that paying $60k for 57k miles with 2 year warranty is not smart, when I can get equivalent car with less than 20k miles and full 4yr CPO warranty for $13k more. Still think $60k for AP1 85D is a good deal, but having doubts... I would appreciate your opinions.

• Informative
Reactions: JHawk
Starting to worry that paying $60k for 57k miles with 2 year warranty is not smart, when I can get equivalent car with less than 20k miles and full 4yr CPO warranty for $13k more. Still think $60k for AP1 85D is a good deal, but having doubts... I would appreciate your opinions.

i think it all comes down to what youre willing to pay for. what was your budget and does this car meet your criteria?

I've seen AP1 cars go for as low as 50k but those cars dont have much options, like they come with body color roof, no sound upgrade or air suspension

i think it all comes down to what youre willing to pay for. what was your budget and does this car meet your criteria?

I've seen AP1 cars go for as low as 50k but those cars dont have much options, like they come with body color roof, no sound upgrade or air suspension

The question for me is whether the additional $13k is worth it for 40k less miles and 4yr warranty? If this were an ICE car, I am more likely to pay the additional $13k for less miles and longer warranty. I am having trouble assessing whether an MS with 57k miles is an concern or not. I've read most of the threads on TMC regarding higher mileage Teslas and feel pretty good about it, but still not sure... I'd rather not spend the additional $ if I don't "need" to.

The question for me is whether the additional $13k is worth it for 40k less miles and 4yr warranty? If this were an ICE car, I am more likely to pay the additional $13k for less miles and longer warranty. I am having trouble assessing whether an MS with 57k miles is an concern or not. I've read most of the threads on TMC regarding higher mileage Teslas and feel pretty good about it, but still not sure... I'd rather not spend the additional $ if I don't "need" to.
I just bought a RWD AP1 Model S with 32K miles for $56.5K. Personally, I value miles at 35¢ and the warranty at $1,000 per year (at most). Based on my way of looking at value, you did pretty darn well. I think it's likely that any problems with your car would manifest themselves within the first 80K miles. With a 2-year warranty, you might just have to be more proactive in promptly addressing any problems that arise. Your car is really well equipped. Enjoy it!

Reactions: LiverpoolFC

Early in the process of 2yr/4yr warranty, I was pretty stuck on the 4 year due to fears of cost after warranty. Then I started asking after 2 years, what are the chances I would have X amount of dollars worth of repairs to make ($13K in your case). Also, if you drive 15,000/year then it isn't really a 4 year warranty but a 50,000 mile warranty. This was my way of justifying not caring about the CPO warranty and rather just seeking the newest year model with the lowest miles within my budget.

My .02.

Gavin