Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How has having an EV change you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t need to touch dirty gas pumps and go inside to pay when the card reader on the pump doesn’t work.
Or your card gets cloned from the gas stations card readers. I've had this happen twice in the last six months and I don't even use gas anymore. My kid is still on ICE so he has to swipe. He now has to walk inside to swipe his (my) cards.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
I have never previously had a vehicle that I appreciated or enjoyed so much or felt so good about owning. Other vehicles have been purchased for their price and function (get you from here to there reliably and economically and perform functions such as hauling.) Our S is a joy to drive in so many ways, all of them previously mentioned above. And I enjoy the fact that with all of the computerization, the yolk, regen, and incredible performance there is always something new to learn, practice and improve my ability in using. I have never owned a true performance ICE vehicle so this is quite a jump and I'm doing it with a clear conscience compared to where I would have been with an ICE car.
We do everything that we have been able to reasonably do to preserve, or should I say restore, a healthy environment and consider this to be a major step in that effort.
The only downside I have seen so far has been Tesla's sales and service relationships with its' customers. Not a criticism of the cars but sad none the less.

I have never previously had a vehicle that I appreciated or enjoyed so much or felt so good about owning. Other vehicles have been purchased for their price and function (get you from here to there reliably and economically and perform functions such as hauling.) Our S is a joy to drive in so many ways, all of them previously mentioned above.
I feel the same way. My previous vehicle was a Honda CR-V. A tank of a vehicle that had 250,000 miles and was still going strong. My accountant would have said to keep on rolling with it. ...but it was a transport appliance. Something I used because I had to and not because I enjoy it. I actually enjoy driving my 3 every time I get into it and I make excuses explore my state because of it. I'm probably doing worse for the environment because I'm driving more, but.... I'm okay with that. :)

Reactions: Beasts
I first started driving with a motorcycle. I even had my motorcycle license before my auto license. I have put hundreds of thousand miles on motorcycles.
Driving a Model 3 changed me. After a year in the model 3 I sold my last Harley. I now have been without a motorcycle for over a year. I don’t understand it but I don’t miss it.
Pretty dramatic change for me.
Similar here. My bike was totaled by a rear-ender (teaches me to stop at a stoplight) but shortly after that, I located an EV1. Although I sometimes miss the motorcycle for riding in the mountains, the quiet of our Roadster with the top down or the comfort of the Model 3 makes it impossible to justify getting another bike.
Then, there's the safety of the Model 3 on the freeways that consume my real life . . .
The Zero is pretty nice though . . .

Same here. You'd have to pay at least twice as much for a gasoline car that goes as fast. It makes no sense.
You do know that people buy sports cars for more reasons than 0-60. In fact I would say that wouldn’t be the most notable reason for the typical sports car buyer - ie Porche drivers don’t buy Porche based on speed- it’s the drive. However I suspect people unfamiliar with sports cars may not get this. Who knows

Reactions: SalisburySam
I'm on my third Tesla Model S. Looking under the hood of any ICE car seems like an exercise in steam punk. Wires, hoses, air ducts, pumps, electrical equipment, radiator, fans, spark plugs, gas tubes, filters, fluid containers, etc.
You do realize your model S also has every single one of those items under the hood except the sparkplugs, right? It even has gas tubes to move the refrigerant gases.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
You do know that people buy sports cars for more reasons than 0-60. In fact I would say that wouldn’t be the most notable reason for the typical sports car buyer - ie Porche drivers don’t buy Porche based on speed- it’s the drive. However I suspect people unfamiliar with sports cars may not get this. Who knows
You do know that speed is a large part of "the drive." I suspect people unfamiliar with sports cars may not get this. Who knows.

Reactions: FOOLSLFDRVNG