Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long did it take you get used to no dash screen?

How long did it take you to get used to center screen?

• On my first ride, I naturally picked it up. I love without the dash screen.

Votes: 176 89.8%
  • It took me some days to get used to it.

Votes: 16 8.2%
  • It took me some weeks to get used to it.

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • It took me more than a month to get used to it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am still uncomfortable and I miss the dash screen from Model S or X. It would be nice to have it.

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • I absolutely hate center screen alone and regret buying the Model 3. I need the dash screen!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I test drove Model 3, it was a little weird and awkward feeling that there is no screen right in front. I am afraid it will take me some time to get used to it.

All you got is the center screen with speedometer and everything else.

Did you guys simply get used to the center screen driving just a few times or did it take you months to get used to it?

Anyone regret the purchase of Model 3 for not having the dash screen right in front of you?

It took me no time at all to get used to the center screen. Since most infotainment systems in ICE vehicles are in the center, I've already grown accustom to looking at that direction for navigation/music controls etc.

With the dash screen behind the wheel you aren't distracted by it and can concentrate on driving and better visibility.

Reactions: GSP
Pretty much got used to it immediately and I came from something very different (much older car).

It took me about 2 days before I knew where all the buttons were but there is a learning curve with any new set of "buttons." At least the ones in the Tesla are marked while some physical buttons on other cars leave me guessing.

Faster than it took my neck ligaments to heal from contorting my head to look through a constantly rotating steering wheel to see anything behind it.

Center display: Absolute non issue.

Travel Supercharging: Absolute non issue.

RT

• Love
I was used it instantly in that I don't ever find myself accidentally looking at the dash instead of the center screen. However, I have found several times where I feel I took my eyes off the road longer than was probably safe in order to do something on the screen. I'm just not sure any of that was for things that I would have used the instrument cluster for in any other car anyway. It is usually climate controls, navigation, music, etc. Only a few times I have had to look longer than I would like for something like auto-pilot or cruise control settings which is probably in the instrument cluster in other cars. I expect some of that is learning curve though.

I did get thrown off by the "climate" controls having a separate tab for seat heating. At some point I switched it to that and then it took me a day of driving before I figured out how to adjust climate controls because I didn't remember there was a separate tab of controls.

Reactions: suwaneedad
I did get thrown off by the "climate" controls having a separate tab for seat heating. At some point I switched it to that and then it took me a day of driving before I figured out how to adjust climate controls because I didn't remember there was a separate tab of controls.

You can get seat heating directly from the main navigation bar at the bottom for the front seats. If you want to get seat heating for the back, then you'll need to click into a separate tab.

Wow, I did not expect whopping 70 people got used to it from day 1 and furthermore find it aesthetically and functionally more attractive than the front dashscreen like MS or MX.

/thread

This was a big discussion when Model 3 was released 3/31/2016. Many people were very concerned and some hoped that 3 should at least get the HUD to make it up for it. I guess HUD was not necessary after all.

I am glad it turned out nonissues for 3 owners.

So far in the poll, 4 people picked it up naturally on day 1 and one person took a few weeks.

My feeling is that Tesla Model 3 owners are all naturally good drivers and are quick to adapt. :rolleyes:

I wouldn’t say getting used to it is “good driver” but quick to adapt perhaps...

One screen is fine but I wouldn’t kick a second screen out of bed if it showed up.