Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long have you waited for a drive unit replacement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been waiting since mid November for my drive unit to be replaced. It clunks pretty loudly at low speeds and has a mild whine at higher speeds. It's a fairly early 2012 model with 42k miles.

If you've had your drive unit replaced I would like to know how long you had to wait.

I've been waiting since mid November for my drive unit to be replaced. It clunks pretty loudly at low speeds and has a mild whine at higher speeds. It's a fairly early 2012 model with 42k miles.

If you've had your drive unit replaced I would like to know how long you had to wait.

Jsvette,

Have you received your drive unit from Tesla. I'm still waiting since November too. Kind of unacceptable to wait this long.

My battery has been back to Fremont for a couple of months now to get a leak fixed. I think we are seeing growth problems where not enough attention has been paid to depo level repair. I suspect there is a section in the back of the factory where a few people toil away at these issues (overhauling drive units that are in circulation for swap) and these folks are simply maxed out with little support.

My SC Manager has been very supportive but I suspect the squeak from this wheel (and likely many others) needs to get to Fremont to affect any change.