Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long will a model 3 last and what tesla to replace it?

Spuzzz

Apr 20, 2016
Columbus, OH
It’s me who is being disingenuous, not the people who are claiming these batteries will last for 10 years with absolutely not data to back that up, nor the company that, for whatever reason, refuses to warranty them for that length of time? Mmmmmkay.
None of us have any data. Just life experience that tells us newer technology improves significantly in the first couple decades after introduction. That is the only basis I have. In my basement storage I have a 40” plasma TV from 2001 that weighs like 80lbs, and cost $2000 and lost a lot of pixels after 4 years. Things got a lot better since.

Reactions: ODWms

Bouba

Sep 23, 2021
France
None of us have any data. Just life experience that tells us newer technology improves significantly in the first couple decades after introduction. That is the only basis I have. In my basement storage I have a 40” plasma TV from 2001 that weighs like 80lbs, and cost $2000 and lost a lot of pixels after 4 years. Things got a lot better since.
That’s how I look at it. Mind you, sometimes technology reaches a plateau, for example TVs were almost exactly the same for well over forty years before you got your plasma. But battery technology is going at an incredible pace right now

Reactions: ODWms

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC