Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many got their Plaids a month or two after ordering?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
Placed my MXP order on 1/31/21. Two weeks ago, my EDD went from October to 1/26-2/10. Then 4 days later it went back to October. This morning it changed again back to 2/17 - 3/10.

Yet there are tons in this forum who ordered their MXP well over six months ago (some over a year) and still don't have a VIN.

At least one member here ordered an MXP first week of January and actually had it delivered within a few weeks apparently skipping the line ahead of those who have been waiting forever.

Anyone else ordered in the last month or two and actually have their Plaids?

Last edited:
I'm sure this will aggravate those that have waited over a year on their orders, but I placed an order on January 8, 2022, just to lock in pricing (which I assume will rise with inflation/demand/whatever) prior to Elon's announcement of FSD price increase. The EDD was October 2022, which didn't bother me as I wasn't in a rush since I have my 2017 P100D. On around January 15th, I noticed in the Tesla phone app my date of delivery shifted from October to January 22-25, but I didn't think anything of this as I know Tesla yanks the date back and forth to keep the anxiety of the wait-listers alive. One day later, the phone app no longer showed the reservation number, but was VIN'ed! Now I knew this was legit and I started to freak as I wasn't going to bother to arrange payment/financing until closer to just before October, so as to not have approvals expire if the delivery was delayed past the original EDD. I got a call on Monday, January 17th from my selected delivery center attempting to confirm their pre-appointed pick-up date of January 25. I told them to hold off and rescheduled to allow me time to secure my payments and arrange travel to the delivery center, which was 60 miles away. On January 25, they called me again and said the vehicle was there and wanted to know if I could go and pick it up that day. I said I wasn't ready yet due to my work schedule, so they adamantly said they could not hold the vehicle past January 31, 2022, or they will give it to someone else. So January 31, 2022, I took delivery of a Black 2022 Model X Plaid (6-seater) with 15 miles on the odometer and no visible issues with alignments, panel gaps, paint, defective sensors, etc. I'm cautiously pleased minus the old software (2021.43.101.1) and the need to requalify the safety score for FSD beta.

TLDR: Ordered Jan 8, 2022 with EDD of Oct 2022 -> VIN'ed on Jan 16, 2022 -> harassed to pick up Jan 25 -> picked up Jan 31 with no observable flaws.

I'm sure this will aggravate those that have waited over a year on their orders, but I placed an order on January 8, 2022, just to lock in pricing (which I assume will rise with inflation/demand/whatever) prior to Elon's announcement of FSD price increase. The EDD was October 2022, which didn't bother me as I wasn't in a rush since I have my 2017 P100D. On around January 15th, I noticed in the Tesla phone app my date of delivery shifted from October to January 22-25, but I didn't think anything of this as I know Tesla yanks the date back and forth to keep the anxiety of the wait-listers alive. One day later, the phone app no longer showed the reservation number, but was VIN'ed! Now I knew this was legit and I started to freak as I wasn't going to bother to arrange payment/financing until closer to just before October, so as to not have approvals expire if the delivery was delayed past the original EDD. I got a call on Monday, January 17th from my selected delivery center attempting to confirm their pre-appointed pick-up date of January 25. I told them to hold off and rescheduled to allow me time to secure my payments and arrange travel to the delivery center, which was 60 miles away. On January 25, they called me again and said the vehicle was there and wanted to know if I could go and pick it up that day. I said I wasn't ready yet due to my work schedule, so they adamantly said they could not hold the vehicle past January 31, 2022, or they will give it to someone else. So January 31, 2022, I took delivery of a Black 2022 Model X Plaid (6-seater) with 15 miles on the odometer and no visible issues with alignments, panel gaps, paint, defective sensors, etc. I'm cautiously pleased minus the old software (2021.43.101.1) and the need to requalify the safety score for FSD beta.

TLDR: Ordered Jan 8, 2022 with EDD of Oct 2022 -> VIN'ed on Jan 16, 2022 -> harassed to pick up Jan 25 -> picked up Jan 31 with no observable flaws.

nice, i ordered 3 days before you, initially oct 2022, but changed to late feb, but later changed back to Oct 2022. But located in TX maybe thats why. I dont have high hopes it will be anytime soon for me, but am hoping before years end. congrats on the car

Reactions: Dyspareunia
Ordered early this month on 2/8 and still have 10/22 EDD. I wouldn’t want to rush since I still have my LR+.
One thing bugs me enough is if it’s available to pickup any time soon, I’ll get better trade in value for LR+ but could miss some updates if any to new Plaid. Vice versa, Oct or Nov this year may have some updates who knows but trade in value will definitely go down.

Happy for you. But. Gat dammit.

I cancelled my Model S Long Range (not Plaid) order to get the Taycan. Having driven a 2018 Model S for 3 years up until a week ago, I know how the Model S drives, and I'm pretty sure that part doesn't change with the Plaid. Although the 2 second 0-60 is thrilling (though I've never experienced it), it's pretty unnecessary imho. As someone who went with the Taycan RWD for cost reasons, I definitely would take the Taycan over spending $130k on the Plaid.