TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How many miles a year will you drive your model ☰?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Thomas Edison, Apr 6, 2016.

?

How many miles a year will you drive your model ☰?

1. >8,000

2. 8,000-12,000

3. 12,000-16,000

4. 16,000-20,000

5. 20,000-25,000

6. 25,000-30,000

7. Living in it

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Member

Do you expect your driving habits to change once you have your model ☰?

I drive about 20,000 in my current daily and about 5,000 in my girlfriends car. I suspect my model ☰ will inherit the mileage of both cars considering I usually only drive her car because it's an automatic .

2. Nik a

Nik a New Member

If it works out like I plan, it will take the place of my current car used for commuting. About 140 mile daily round trip commute, so likely over 25,000 miles. Nice thing is there is a supercharging station within 100 yards of my parking lot at work.

3. Menifeer

Menifeer Member

I think you meant that first category to be less than 8000...

• Like x 2
  4. Socom

Socom Member

I drive 70 miles a day which equates roughly 19k a year on just commuting, not to mention other side trips. So I'm estimating 20k a year.

5. ShockZen

ShockZen Member

I drive around 18,980 km per year today but I hope to double or triple that with the Model ☰. Lower cost maintenance and no more gas.

6. pinski

pinski Going Plaid

At least 16,000-20,000. It will be my fiancee's daily driver and her commute alone is about 60 miles/day, which is about 15,000/year before traveling and any errands.

7. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

< 8,000

Unless our driving habits change significantly.

8. Nomad

Nomad Member

I am currently on pace for 30,000 miles per year, mostly because I use my car for business trips so often. I expect that to fall back down to around 20,000 miles per year by the time I take delivery of the Model 3. Of course, my leisure miles may make up the gap. :D

9. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Member

Oops! That I did, can't change it now though. Egg on my face.

10. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Member

So with lower gas and maintenance you can triple your driving? Is that because you are driving it in place of something else for the extra miles or just because it's more affordable to just drive for the joy of it?

11. AU1985

AU1985 Member

40K +....sales/marketing in healthcare so I'm on the road a lot...Also, I love road trips...I took my wife and two kids with me last year in my Corolla from Atlanta to San Fran and back

12. Borgholio

Borgholio Member

Easily 30k+ per year. My daily commute is 130 miles or so, and we do short day trips to visit family a couple hours away every couple of weekends. Having the M3 won't mean I take more road trips...I do like staying at home. :) But it DOES mean I'll have a lot more fun and be far more comfortable when I DO drive.

13. physicsfita

physicsfita Member

I currently drive about 40,000 miles/year. I don't expect that to change too much.

14. pmich80

pmich80 Between U and me I'm giddy waitin' for the Model ≡

i actually only drive about 400 miles a month. I also drive a 2001 Sentra. Once i get my Model 3 i will literally live in the car. I'll probably just become an uber driver just so i can drive it all day.

15. Craig9080

Craig9080 Member

33k on average a year. Hoping the Tesla is as reliable as my last ICE. Both my Fords have made it to ~135k with just fluids and plugs.

16. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

I have four, 90 mile drives every two weeks that add up to ~ 9500 miles a year. The rest of the time I am either a home-body or out on a bicycle.
    My wife still tends to drive the ~ 4 miles into town, so that will become mostly Tesla miles unless she sees the error of her ways and bicycles more ;-)

17. trm2

trm2 New Member

I currently drive my DD about 9k a year and my Vette another 2, don't see that really changing.

18. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

I've reserved a Model 3 so I'll not have a Model <that character> to drive. I expect to drive my Model 3 around 13k-14k miles per year. It'd be a commuter plus shared car.

19. crown

crown New Member

Currently about 18k miles a year, mostly work commute. However, I think I will drive the Model 3 over 20k a year once I get it just because it's going to be an awesome car to drive.

20. ucmndd

ucmndd Member

I do just about 30k/year.