Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to turn is thread hostile, but I must comment on the U.A.W. knock.

What they are doing is trying to get back some (not all) of what they gave back with the last contract. None of the Big 3 would be in business today without the concessions that were agreed to in the last contract. Anybody on here know someone who hasn't had a wage increase in 8 years.........it's time
I don't disagree and there's no hostility here, I was a Ford guy my entire life up until my first Model S. Ford forever has my respect with how they handled the bail-out, a true American company as far as I'm concerned. I do not want to see them fail.

Sadly, they can't afford it if they wish to pivot to compete with Tesla. Doesn't matter what people want, the math doesn't seem to work.

Not to turn is thread hostile, but I must comment on the U.A.W. knock.

What they are doing is trying to get back some (not all) of what they gave back with the last contract. None of the Big 3 would be in business today without the concessions that were agreed to in the last contract. Anybody on here know someone who hasn't had a wage increase in 8 years.........it's time

But the compensation back then for UAW was way too much. A big part of why the big 3 declined is because of those huge compensation packages. (Yes mgmt is to blame for accepting those contracts back then and the products they produced but the UAW workers happily took their share and I don’t blame them.)

Few would say the UAW doesn’t deserve an increase and some perks back. Just a matter of how much. I think the UAW should go with the current offers. It’s already insanely good.

It’s getting to the point now where the big 3 should band together and say “you either take this deal or we are going to start reducing it. And if you don’t come back to work, we will hire new workers. Many people out there would love to make these wages.”

These companies also need to survive and compete. Sean Fein is a fool when he says competition is a race to the bottom. Sure, Fein will look like a hero if the UAW got all that they asked for but will just make the demise of US auto all that much more certain down the road.

And I’m sorry, the people on the lines do not deserve that much for what they do. Not even close.

Last edited:
exoskeleton ! --> not really
500 miles of range ! --> would be highly surprising
Tesla armored glass ! --> from reporting it's just normal glass

also the UAW is not forcing Ford out of business... and The Cybertruck ain't competing with a F150 gasoline or a HD F250 / F350

again... a detailed design study at roll-out... but ~4 yrs later we still dont have specs or pricing?

My mom told me not to feed the trolls but yet here we are ...

It's an exoskeleton over a unibody design, I never thought it would be anything different, what did you think was going to hold the stainless on?

The only limit to 500 range is lack of battery supply and no real need to have a trim with that much range since there is no competition. This has been the case for some time. Why would they thin out the 4680 supply with years of confirmed buyers? It's also the reason the Plaid+ was abandoned. The moment a mass produced vehicle has 500+ range Tesla will answer in kind, instantly.

The glass was touted to be the same as what they use at Space-X and we still have no idea what it is. If you do, please share your proof.

It's an exoskeleton over a unibody design, I never thought it would be anything different, what did you think was going to hold the stainless on?

The only limit to 500 range is lack of battery supply and no real need to have a trim with that much range since there is no competition. This has been the case for some time. Why would they thin out the 4680 supply with years of confirmed buyers? It's also the reason the Plaid+ was abandoned. The moment a mass produced vehicle has 500+ range Tesla will answer in kind, instantly.

The glass was touted to be the same as what they use at Space-X and we still have no idea what it is. If you do, please share your proof.

I’m not sure about “confirmed buyers” a lot of those reservations are scalpers who will get their $100 refund once the prices come out and production ramps.

500 miles of range ! --> would be highly surprising
Given the gross vehicle weights from the VIN decoder, the estimated Cd, the weight of battries and assuming that the CT has a rated payload similar to the Ford Lightning, the rated range won't be anywhere near that number. It might be 400 to 420 miles (EPA), but others online have done a more detailed analysis.

Where's your proof that "a lot of those reservations are scalpers"? Do you work for Tesla and have some kind of internal list of all the reseverations?

Where’s the proof these are “confirmed” buyers?

Lol….. yeah I want to see him take 52 Cybertruck at $80k + with interest rates at 5+ percent…… sure sure “write off blah blah blah….”

But the compensation back then for UAW was way too much. A big part of why the big 3 declined is because of those huge compensation packages. (Yes mgmt is to blame for accepting those contracts back then and the products they produced but the UAW workers happily took their share and I don’t blame them.)

Few would say the UAW doesn’t deserve an increase and some perks back. Just a matter of how much. I think the UAW should go with the current offers. It’s already insanely good.

It’s getting to the point now where the big 3 should band together and say “you either take this deal or we are going to start reducing it. And if you don’t come back to work, we will hire new workers. Many people out there would love to make these wages.”

These companies also need to survive and compete. Sean Fein is a fool when he says competition is a race to the bottom. Sure, Fein will look like a hero if the UAW got all that they asked for but will just make the demise of US auto all that much more certain down the road.

And I’m sorry, the people on the lines do not deserve that much for what they do. Not even close.

Like this one will end when the strike fund runs out. They won't go along without getting paid something. It's all a matter of who can hold on the longest.

Saying it's an exoskeleton over a unibody design is absolutely moving the goalposts from the release. It's a traditional vehicle design with thicker panels...if that was said from the beginning, no one would say anything about exoskeleton, because it's not.

Elon has his own makes up/stretches terms and always has, but not an exoskeleton. It's fine, there was obviously a desire for it based on the original description and pictures, but it didn't work out...still calling it one is just cringey for most.

regarding the "they have so many pre-orders they'll be busy dealing with those for YEARS before any new orders can be serviced..."

well ... the Model 3 had around 500k pre-orders (back then it cost you $1,000 to pre-order I think) and less than 12 months after production start you could order and receive a Model 3 with minimal wait time.

Adding that the cheapest CT option won't be offered anytime soon and the vehicle likely will be ~$70k isn't going to help with many pre-orders.
Pre-order a $40k CT RWD and be offered a ~$70k CT AWD in an environment with 6%+ car loan interest rates...

Back to the OP question in the thread title: "How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?"

I have a day 2 reservation and plan to execute/confirm an order just as soon as Tesla opens up the Configurator to allow me to do so.

I built an EV from an old ICE vehicle frame/body in 1980, and have owned three Tesla's now, so I think I'd be in that category of "very likely to take delivery" of a Cybertruck.

I have read some different posts on different sites. People are saying that if you subtract Tesla's stated payload capacity from the GVWR the Truck should weigh close to the same as a Model X. So a Cybertruck tri motor with a 500 mile range and 14000 lb towing capacity is supposed to weigh less than a Rivian?
The 3500 lb payload capacity is within the payload range of a Super Duty with a gas engine. The 14000 pound towing is within 800 to 1000 pounds of the towing capacity of a gas Super Duty. I just don't see how this it will be possible for the Cybertrucks to have a range between 375 and 500 miles and have a towing capacity up to 14000 lb and a payload of 3500lb. and cost less than 75K.

I have read some different posts on different sites. People are saying that if you subtract Tesla's stated payload capacity from the GVWR the Truck should weigh close to the same as a Model X. So a Cybertruck tri motor with a 500 mile range and 14000 lb towing capacity is supposed to weigh less than a Rivian?
The 3500 lb payload capacity is within the payload range of a Super Duty with a gas engine. The 14000 pound towing is within 800 to 1000 pounds of the towing capacity of a gas Super Duty. I just don't see how this it will be possible for the Cybertrucks to have a range between 375 and 500 miles and have a towing capacity up to 14000 lb and a payload of 3500lb. and cost less than 75K.

Also Bulletproof, Submarine and able to resists any types of dents……

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
There have been a ton of rumors that at release there will be a dual motor and a tri with the same battery pack. Many believe the top range at launch will be 350 miles.

Remember, the original specs were just concept. There aren't even 3 versions anymore. It's not an exoskeleton, there's not seating for 6, no sail storage, no ramp, etc.