Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be absolutely idiotic to have a removable battery pack that weighs 600-900 pounds. You would need a cherry picker every time you needed to remove or install it. So I have to believe this will be a pack that two people will be able to handle.
Yeah… 50 kw battery pack being light enough for 2 people to carry it. I just can’t. Lol

Reactions: FLRifleman
Range is inline with what was originally promised.
For the Dual motor but the Tri/Beast is WAY off.
vKw87GZ.jpg

Yes, you are right. I wanted a 500 mile tri-motor with a 14k towing capacity, so I was originally disappointed. But I do have to say that I’m intrigued with the extended range to 470 with a removable battery pack. If that’s a pack that I can remove during times I’m not towing, this might be a revolutionary idea.

It is hard to imagine Tesla not providing some sort of lift with it.
Sounds like it is going to be a trip to the service center and will likely not be a frequent thing people do. Plus how / where would you store it!!

$60,990 - [was $39,900] - RWD (2025 to never), 250 miles
$79,990 - [was $49,900] - AWD (2024 delivery), 340 miles
$99,990 - [was $69,900] - CYBERBEAST (2024 delivery), 320 miles
Prices and percentages below:
Eueexw5.jpg

For the Dual motor but the Tri/Beast is WAY off.
vKw87GZ.jpg

Sounds like it is going to be a trip to the service center and will likely not be a frequent thing people do. Plus how / where would you store it!!

Prices and percentages below:
Eueexw5.jpg
I was including the range extender. Yes it is more money and does take up room but it gets “close” to the 500.

The range extender is moronic. This is not what we were promised. I'll be cancelling reservations today. In fairness I decided to cancel a while back but wanted to wait until I see what they released.... And what they released is horrible. Buy a Lightning or R1t if you need a truck. It's awful. I was gonna to put up with the looks for utility but this is horrendous.

I was including the range extender. Yes it is more money and does take up room but it gets “close” to the 500.
you lose 1/3rd (!!) of your bed and total payload after installing that pack is likely well under 2k lbs. that makes the rest of the vehicle a lot less impressive. Plus $16k ain't cheap. Max pack R1T or Silverado EV still let you use the entire bed.

Reactions: FLRifleman and cdub
LOL - OK sure - have you ever removed an engine that weighs 500-600lbs using an engine lift? It's not easy by any stretch. This isn't something Tesla would ever touch given the liabilities involved.
never mind the HV connection of a *hot* HV battery and coolant line connections... not stuff the end consumer is ever allowed to touch

Reactions: FLRifleman and cdub
you lose 1/3rd (!!) of your bed and total payload after installing that pack is likely well under 2k lbs. that makes the rest of the vehicle a lot less impressive. Plus $16k ain't cheap. Max pack R1T or Silverado EV still let you use the entire bed.

Add in a spare tire with that range extender and the bed is basically unusable.

Add in a spare tire with that range extender and the bed is basically unusable.
don't get me started on the spare tire. So apparently Tesla doesn't include a spare tire, it doesnt fit UNDER the truck or UNDER the bed, and you have to strap it into the bed... lol

for non truck people: trucks have come for DECADES with spare tire strapped under the vehicle and not taking away any space in the bed....

The Rivian isn’t really a truck, its bed is almost useless. The F1 lightning, well it’s problem is it’s a Ford. The Cybertruck is pretty ugly in my opinion. I think after everyone gets used to the initial shock of the looks of the cybertruck it will do just fine. Even if there is a 80% cancelation rate they will still sell tons of them.
based on the most succesful and best selling full-size truck in the world and despite not being a pure EV platform and already 2 years old ... the tow/range/payload spec and 0-60 for the AWD version match the AWD Cybertruck.... but you can pick one up today for ~$70k after dealer discounts

sounds like a real problem

I use trucks for truck things, don’t need to be seen in the latest cool fad, and aren’t trying to protect the president. Why would I buy a cybertruck?

I do have a deposit on a Ramcharger though.
Agreed. Honestly the whole delivery event felt fanboyish to me. This is Tesla still trying to appeal to the fanboy base and not to the normative automotive consumer, and in particular blue collar truck buyers for work trucks, in comparison. The videos shown had exactly nothing to do with reality or any remotely real world use cases. The drag race was simply pitiful. Anyone who uses trucks to do truck things could care less about drag racing when towing. Truck owners could also care less about 0-60mph dash times. Sure I get that the video had a "cool factor" and that is proof as to whom they are attempting to sell this product from a marketing standpoint. The weight pull demo was a joke since it wasn't done independently by a third party - I'll believe those results when I see the same results from a third party who doesn't have an inbuilt bias. Meanwhile, zero data on towing over distance with a load, hitch receiver class (including tongue weight limits), payload ratings with the range extender installed, etc. You know, things that people who buy trucks to do truck things actually care about?

At the end of the day and in the final analysis, the reason Musk didn't make any mention at all of pricing or range, is because he knew it would come across like a lead balloon to most consumers - and especially to the roughly 2mm depositors - and likely even a good portion of those who were in the room - all of which are arguably a big part of the fanboy base itself that serve as an echo chamber for Tesla for the most part. That says a LOT IMHO. It's what Musk didn't say that really tells the story for the launch event.

Last edited: