Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many Teslas you see a day?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here in LA (Lower Alabama) a sighting is rare- but I did see two model 3s on the way to work one day a couple weeks ago. I know there is at least one other 3 at my daughters school and occasionally see an S. I had an X last year and only saw one other one the entire time I owned it. Alabama is very “anti” Tesla and EVs in general. In fact, they just passed a law that EV owners must pay an annual Road use fee of $150-200. Typical thinking for this state. I need a visa just leave the place. And a passport to get back in! I grew up here so I’m throwing shade as an expert!

Reactions: hcdavis3
Too many. I live and work in San Jose, CA., the heart of the South Bay. Before getting my car last July I didn't see too many 3s out and about; maybe 2-3 a week. A fair amount of S and X though. Since about 3 months ago I now count the number of 3s that pass through the intersection I'm waiting at and the average is 2 sightings. Per red light. Several times on my commute (25-30 minutes each way) there will be a mini-caravan of 3s. Something like 3 or 4 out of a group of 10 vehicles.

Here at work I'm guessing that there are around 3 to 4 dozen Teslas, out of about 1700 employees. A majority of them are Model 3. That's given what I see when I go to charge the car. So that's 2 to 3% of the population, a bit less than what I see when I'm driving around. At least it seems that way.

Reactions: focher
How many Teslas you see a day?

I walk to the garage and see my wife's Tesla (1). Get into my Tesla (2). Drove to work (too dark to see on the road even if I pass any Tesla), and one of my coworker who drove a Tesla usually get there first, so I park next to his car (3). When I get off work, my other 2 coworkers who also drove Tesla's would be parked there also, so (4) and (5). There are about 3 to 5 other Tesla's in the work parking lot I park. Most of them came in to work later so they get to park in the back and I don't see them. But sometime, they got lucky and get a front parking..(6)..(8)? On the way to the freeway, I would usually see 1 or 2. (9),(10). On the 3 freeways I take back home (60+ miles), I would usually see about 4 to 6 Tesla's (11)..(17). So probably I would see about 8 to 17 every work day!

Driving to work in the philly suburbs, through some more well-to-do areas, I usually see around 2-4 each day. I'm tempted to wave at them, even though I don't own one yet. Probably more on the highways, but i take back roads since our highways are glorified parking lots in the morning.

We’ve really hit a tipping point on Model 3s in central/northern NJ. From when I got my car in July through maybe 2-3 months ago, I saw very few. Then maybe 1-2 a day. But over the past month or so there seems to have been an explosion and I’m seeing about 10 a day now. Which strikes me as weird since I thought a lot of recent sales have been overseas.

• Disagree
Reactions: Sandiegodoug
There are probably 50-75 Teslas parked in the garage at work on any given day, and it isn't that big of a garage. Probably see up to 5-10 Model 3s each direction of my 6 mile commute. Don't even bother trying to count S and Xs. Getting really common.

You see so many in the Bay Area that they are nothing special anymore. I don’t blame people for buying them. Bay Area commute is hell now and a Tesla can make life much easier. Many people commute extreme distances too and a gas car would be replaced relatively quick. I think if I were to count, I’ll say well over 50 a day can be easily spotted on my commute