Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many will look into the F-150 Lightning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been other examples and Ford had suppressed that behavior if reported.

Title: Ford Has Dealer Remove $10K Markup On Mach-E After Twitter Notices
It really does not matter since they will only sell 4% of what Tesla sells and then they will go bankrupt because they can't make any money on EV's.

I, for one, can't imagine backing a CT down a dirt trail with a steering yoke. With a round wheel, your hand knows where to grab, even while looking behind you.
Ha, no sooner than I share this imagined experience than suddenly, I experience it. I've got a rented Citroen that has a flat section on the bottom of the steering wheel (a little easier to slide in?). Last week, I had to drive it down a one-lane dirt road with obstructions preventing me from turning around (not even a 12 point turn). I had to back it out. Since I recently threw out my left rotator cuff, its hard to reach back and up. As I did my usual backing up style of throwing my right arm over the back of the seat so I can look back, then steer with my left hand on the wheel behind me. Since I couldn't reach high, I reached low (the flat section of the wheel). It worked but was particularly awkward.
By the way, going slightly off topic about how folks complain about the location of the instruments in the Models 3 and Y in the center of the car: My rental Citroen has all of its gauges in the center of the car, not behind the steering wheel. This feature is not limited to Model 3 & Y. Its also in this car, Minis, and my old MG.

Reactions: TessP100D
Uh, beg to differ. They just plow it back in to making new factories and better technology so they can make more, cheaper, and better EVs in the future.
You can disagree but their reinvestment into RD and factories has nothing to do with weather make money or not. Their profitability was based on selling energy credits. You can read their 10k and 10q filings. This is something that is quite well known.

Sorry to all those that gave me a disagree on the original post.

Last edited:
Reactions: TessP100D
You can disagree but their reinvestment into RD and factories has nothing to do with weather make money or not. Their profitability is based on selling energy credits. You can read their 10k and 10q filings. This is something that is quite well known.

You might want to look at more current data. Last quarter Tesla was profitable even without including the sale of energy credits. Yes, that was the first time, but your assertion is out of date and incorrect. This is something that is quite well known.

You can disagree but their reinvestment into RD and factories has nothing to do with weather make money or not. Their profitability is based on selling energy credits. You can read their 10k and 10q filings. This is something that is quite well known.

There's a lot in that article that disagrees with your conclusion. And of course as is the requirement today of all articles the headline is shocking and has little to do with the article or with facts.

I liked these little tidbits myself:

But the debate between skeptics and devotees of the company whether Tesla is truly profitable has become a "Holy War," according to Gene Munster, managing partner of Loup Ventures and a leading tech analyst.
"They're debating two different things. They'll never come to a resolution," he said. Munster believes critics focus too much on how the credits still exceed net income. He contends that automotive gross profit margin, excluding those sales of regulatory credits, is the best barometer for the company's financial success.
"It's a leading indicator," of that measure of Tesla's profit, he said. "There's no chance that GM and VW are making money on that basis on their EVs."

"What Tesla has that other automakers don't is rapid growth "

Reactions: mark95476
You might want to look at more current data. Last quarter Tesla was profitable even without including the sale of energy credits. Yes, that was the first time, but your assertion is out of date and incorrect. This is something that is quite well known.
The first, let's see it happen consistently, which I hope it does. However 354mm of the 1b came from energy credit sales.

There's a lot in that article that disagrees with your conclusion. And of course as is the requirement today of all articles the headline is shocking and has little to do with the article or with facts.

I liked these little tidbits myself:

But the debate between skeptics and devotees of the company whether Tesla is truly profitable has become a "Holy War," according to Gene Munster, managing partner of Loup Ventures and a leading tech analyst.
"They're debating two different things. They'll never come to a resolution," he said. Munster believes critics focus too much on how the credits still exceed net income. He contends that automotive gross profit margin, excluding those sales of regulatory credits, is the best barometer for the company's financial success.
"It's a leading indicator," of that measure of Tesla's profit, he said. "There's no chance that GM and VW are making money on that basis on their EVs."

"What Tesla has that other automakers don't is rapid growth "
I agree with him that neither GM or VW are profitable on EVs at this point either. I'm sure that will change Tesla and others as new EV models outstrip the introduction of new ICE models.

You could've just as easily grabbed this quote too:

"The competition is rendering Tesla's cars irrelevant," said GLJ' Resarch's Johnson. "We do not see this as a sustainable business model."

I disagree with it but it shows the spread by different analysts on the sustainability. I thinkk in the long term Tesla will be just fine.

"The competition is rendering Tesla's cars irrelevant," said GLJ' Resarch's Johnson. ..."

I disagree with it but it shows the spread by different analysts on the sustainability. I thinkk in the long term Tesla will be just fine.

Now that's pretty funny.... "irrelevant"? Wow.... lots of Tesla haters in the so called "press".

Tesla is so far ahead of other EV makers it's like comparing an NFL Linebacker to the local Jr. High player. Maybe someone should let Elon know his cars are becoming "irreverent" so he can get out while his stock is still worth something :D

Reactions: mark95476 and AquaY
I agree with him that neither GM or VW are profitable on EVs at this point either. I'm sure that will change Tesla and others as new EV models outstrip the introduction of new ICE models.

"The competition is rendering Tesla's cars irrelevant," said GLJ' Resarch's Johnson. "We do not see this as a sustainable business model."

And you could've just as easily grabbed this quote too:
"
Other analysts contend Tesla's share price is justified given how it can benefit from the shift to electric vehicles.
"They're not going to stay at 80-90% share of the EV market, but they can keep growing even with much lower market share," said Daniel Ives, a technology analyst with Wedbush Securities. "We're looking at north of 3 million to 4 million vehicles annually as we go into 2025-26, with 40% of that growth coming from China. We believe now they are on the trajectory that even without [the EV] credits they'll still be profitable."

But you chose not to. You only chose the negative quotes. one that was rather ridiculous even. So I countered.
See how that works?

Reactions: mark95476