Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Much would your Model S Cost Today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dec 2012: $86,100
Apr 2014: $93,400

So my car was $7,300 cheaper (but lacking heated seats, and came with 19" Goodyears versus the Michelin Primacys)

(Both prices without $7,500 rebate, taxes, fees, or Prep. and Delivery charges.)

Man the 'premium interior lighting' isn't worth $250 bucks in my book, much less a grand. I don't even use it in my car (granted my still buzzes at night).

I probably wouldn't have paid for the Premium sound (at the current price), or the interior lighting. I would have added the sub-zero package (I hate the cold), and the fog lamps (mine were free). I also would have paid extra for carbon fiber trim on the inside (I have the piano black).

And the addition of heated textile seats would have been greatly welcomed, along with driver profiles and tilting mirrors! That somehow got lumped in with seat memory not the Tech Package!

Ordered February 2013, Delivered March 2013 Current Price: 101,970 Our Sticker Price: 91,600 This is slightly misleading as our car has some extended leather, but not as much as in the new option which I included in the price of new today. So somewhere between $7500 and $10000 increase in price for (as close as you can get to) identically configured vehicle.

$110,720 today
$102,320 July 2013

$8,400 difference (both prices above incl dest fee, excl tax credit)

Lots of the "trim" was included with the P85 until August 2013. I got in just under the wire. I was given the option to add parking sensors, which I would have really liked. But I could only do it with the "new" pricing, which at the time would have made my car +$6,000.

Last edited:
Ordered 11/2012, delivered 3/2013

84k then, 89.3k now. Fog lights and interior lighting are extra now but used to be included with tech package. I have textile seats which under the old pricing didn't come with seat heaters. Only option I really regret not getting.

also maxed out service plans and warranty. Service plan pricing is unchanged but I think the extended warranty went from $2500 to $4000

I would think it REALLY interesting/useful to have a google doc or wiki page that tracks the prices of the base model cars and the options over time. I haven't been around here nearly long enough to actually be able to put that together myself, but it looks like there is probably still enough "legacy knowledge" here to put together such a beast... any old-timers willing to volunteer? ;-)

92220 now, 85650 when I got my car last February. (Assuming that tax credit is not available.)
A lot of this is due to the deletion of items from packages: fog lights, "premium interior lighting", and the obeche gloss trim didn't cost extra when I got my car. Air suspension was also cheaper back then (only $1500). On the other hand, the car comes with better tires than it did when I got it.