Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How on Earth do you clear 'suggested' in Navigation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's Tesla. They think they are smarter than everyone when in fact, they're not.

I don't have any privacy concerns, I just find it annoying and bad UI/UX (though it's Tesla, I shouldn't be surprised). Like a lot of people, I tend to go to the same places over and over. I like the "recent" list. Suggested is just stupid and wrong and I have to scroll past it to get to my recents and go where I actually want to go. Once again, Tesla thinks they are smarter than me and they are 100% universally not. EVER. The car cannot drive better than I can and it does not know where I want to go.
I agree. Just came to the forum to search for a solution to this nonsense. At this moment, it suggests a B&B we visited over 5 months ago, and that is a 4 hour drive from me. It also suggest a place I took my son to take his SAT 6 months ago, and finally, a taco stand I went to 3 months ago.

Whoever created the algorithm for this needs to go back to coding school. Or, at least, just take a look to see if it works. It does not. These first 3 suggestions take most of the screen space. Scrolling past this is annoying.

As far as privacy is concerned, that could be a legitimate concern for whatever reasons that may be. Or not. No one here is In a position to question that.

Reactions: Mikecm1 and afadeev
I just came here for the same reason and am bummed that there is apparently no way to turn this off. It’s so annoying to have to scroll past destinations from road trips - hundreds of miles away - before getting to the places I go all the time. I guess I will delete them from the recents list. Hopefully some day we will be able to disable this “feature.”

Back in the day, meaning, 2013, we used to be able to call Tesla and inform them of issues like this. They listened and would make the change. How do we go about reporting this now? If no one says anything, they don't know it is a problem. I have a service appt next week and I will share it with them.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Ok, so this morning we get in Black-Katt and I'm preparing to drop honey bunny off at the hair dresser. The last time we navigated to this destination was about 3 months ago. My calendar is not integrated and my phone is connected through Bluetooth for "audio" only. [Contacts] and [Calls] are disabled. Before departing from the house and while parked in the garage I ask her, "what's the address again?" so I can manually enter it into Navigation. Before I enter ANYTHING, I touch Navigation, and see under "Suggested" destinations, the very first destination is the address of the hair dresser's salon. In my mind 1) that's too coincidental for this rarely used destination (navigated 2 times before), and 2) I wonder if Tesla has enabled "listening mode" inside the cabin as an enhancement of sorts to Dashcam. I'm generally not one that is concerned about privacy and "big brother" but this incident shook me up just a bit. :oops:
Anyone had any similar experience?

Ok, so this morning we get in Black-Katt and I'm preparing to drop honey bunny off at the hair dresser. The last time we navigated to this destination was about 3 months ago. My calendar is not integrated and my phone is connected through Bluetooth for "audio" only. [Contacts] and [Calls] are disabled. Before departing from the house and while parked in the garage I ask her, "what's the address again?" so I can manually enter it into Navigation. Before I enter ANYTHING, I touch Navigation, and see under "Suggested" destinations, the very first destination is the address of the hair dresser's salon. In my mind 1) that's too coincidental for this rarely used destination (navigated 2 times before), and 2) I wonder if Tesla has enabled "listening mode" inside the cabin as an enhancement of sorts to Dashcam. I'm generally not one that is concerned about privacy and "big brother" but this incident shook me up just a bit. :oops:
Anyone had any similar experience?
My experience remains unchanged. It continues to recommend a B&B from a trip we made over 8 months ago, and a 4 hour drive away. That, and multiple other places that I have zero interest in returning to. I have even gone through I deleted each on of them from my history. I am going to chauk this one up to coincidence. Who knows, maybe it popped up many times before and you simply ignored it since you had no interest/need.

When i'm driving and i want to navigate somewhere, I allow myself to type in the first 3-4 letters of the destination. It works great, usually the first result, but I have to scroll past a whole list of random suggestions, which have been useless 100% of the time, since day 1 (Oct 1, 2021).

This should just be cancelled, nice try, fail, no shame in failing, it's how you deal with failure that counts.

Give it up, move on, Tesla. Sheesh.

• Love
Reactions: 4SUPER9
What's even more annoying is when it does this on Tesla loaner vehicles. Now the next person getting the loaner knows where you live. Tesla owners make good targets for break ins due to typically having higher income.

Suggested Destinations is completely insane and useless. I spend summers 1000 miles away from where I live and I DON'T need Suggestions for places back home.

I think when Musk had Tesla programmers "fix" Twitter with cute Suggestions to get you to click elsewhere those programmers thought they'd be cute on Navigation. NOT CUTE.

If anyone at Tesla looks at these threads..... please take Suggested Destinations off.

Reactions: preilly44
What's even more annoying is when it does this on Tesla loaner vehicles. Now the next person getting the loaner knows where you live. Tesla owners make good targets for break ins due to typically having higher income.
And that next person with the loaner gets his typically higher income by robbing other Tesla owners?

If you are really concerned about it, put in your neighbors address a few houses down. You can probably find your way home from there without the nav system.

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
I was just laughing to myself this morning about how the navigation still recommends my ex's house that I haven't been to in over half a year now, I feel like it could be a lot more useful even just by adding a cutoff threshold for destinations that haven't been used for over a certain duration of time, or having the ability to delete specific ones that are no longer relevant anyway.

Do you mean like the Bunny Ranch?
Nothing embarrassing in my search history, but it is really annoying to have to scroll past suggestions that rarely have any relevance. Better to have no suggestions than wrong suggestions.
The OP seemed more concerned with deleting items he didn't want his daughter to see. Obviously, doing a factory reset would not be a good continual practice. And, it might not be effective if destinations are stored in a cloud profile.

Of course, from a privacy standpoint, perhaps the OP should know that anyone with mobile app access to the car can see its location at any time.