Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to cancel autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just indicating on AP also.cancels AP but not TACC
Here’s the rub: if you Originally set AP only, you actually set AP & TACC together and speed limit changes will take place automatically.
If you indicate or move the wheel taking control you shut off AP but not TACC.
When you re-engage AP whilst TACC is still operating, speed limit changes won’t alter the car’s speed any more.
To get auto speed change back, you have to cancel both and re-engage AP.

• Informative
Reactions: X-pilot
Here’s the rub: if you Originally set AP only, you actually set AP & TACC together and speed limit changes will take place automatically.
When you re-engage AP whilst TACC is still operating, speed limit changes won’t alter the car’s speed any more.

Interesting... thanks.

Don’t think indicating turns off AP if you have FSD, in my experience anyway.

I don’t have FSD on my M3. I think that with AP engaged moving the indicator stalk part way (3 flashes) doesn’t cancel AP and you have to steer to override it, but moving the indicator stalk all the way does cancel AP. However I’m not convinced the performance is consistent or that it is consistent between signalling right and signalling left. TACC remains engaged unless I brake or move the right stalk up. Do others think AP cancellation (necessary to change lanes) behaves consistently, and if so, how?

• Informative
Reactions: Mr H