Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to clean Door Handles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lloyds

Apr 3, 2013
Bay Area
Well, it happened. I parked the MS today @ the tennis court parking and the sprinklers went on. Car was hosed and I noticed that there are water spots on the chrome door handles. Tried cleaning and actually ended up scratching them as my towel had some dirt. I'd like to polish these scratches off and wondering if anyone can give me some product advice. TIA!

I carry a bunch of towels so there is always a clean one.
Centre_console_jerry.jpg

From the Harley forum
I've been able to get minor scratches out with 0000 steel wool loaded with Mothers chrome polish. Keep the wool very wet with the polish to avoid dulling.

The water spots are a nuisance. I keep a 4 oz spray bottle with Poorboys Quick spray and gloss for the cleaning. If those water spots actually etch into the chrome, you can use a light polish to get rid of them. Don't forget to put a sealant on the handles -- something overlooked when you're sealing (or waxing) the paint.

The water spots are a nuisance. I keep a 4 oz spray bottle with Poorboys Quick spray and gloss for the cleaning. If those water spots actually etch into the chrome, you can use a light polish to get rid of them. Don't forget to put a sealant on the handles -- something overlooked when you're sealing (or waxing) the paint.

I didn't know you can put sealant on the handles. Thought they were only for paint.