TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How to clean Door Handles

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by lloyds, Aug 11, 2013.

1. lloyds

lloyds Member

Well, it happened. I parked the MS today @ the tennis court parking and the sprinklers went on. Car was hosed and I noticed that there are water spots on the chrome door handles. Tried cleaning and actually ended up scratching them as my towel had some dirt. I'd like to polish these scratches off and wondering if anyone can give me some product advice. TIA!

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

I carry a bunch of towels so there is always a clean one. Centre_console_jerry.jpg .

From the Harley forum

3. lloyds

lloyds Member

Thanks! I'll look into it. Just don't wanna make it worse

4. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

The water spots are a nuisance. I keep a 4 oz spray bottle with Poorboys Quick spray and gloss for the cleaning. If those water spots actually etch into the chrome, you can use a light polish to get rid of them. Don't forget to put a sealant on the handles -- something overlooked when you're sealing (or waxing) the paint.

5. lloyds

lloyds Member

I didn't know you can put sealant on the handles. Thought they were only for paint.

6. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

Try Mothers chrome polish!