Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get 22.41.1 new Wall Connector Firmware?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Firmware Tracker | Wall Monitor is reporting that ~8% of wall connectors with this app are on 22.41.1, while the majority are on 22.33.1.

Tesla still only offers a download for 22.33.1, and my connector won't pull anything newer over the air yet.

Anyone here on 22.41.1?

I'm mainly curious to see if the WPA3 bug is fixed yet, since I can't connect it to my home Wi-Fi at the moment. Not willing to downgrade the network over such a trivial device - I'll just put it back on the Wi-Fi when WPA3 works as advertised. :) Manual firmware updates work fine for the time being.

Thanks

I am on 22.41.1. What seems to be the issue? Working fine for me. Did not initiate or ask for this download, the WC did this on its own, not sure when though.
Nice - my only issue is the inability to connect to mixed WPA2/3 or pure WPA3 protected Wi-Fi networks. The wall connector is spec’d to, but Tesla hasn’t fixed it yet.

Interesting that this firmware is available over the air but not on their firmware site to download.

Reactions: Jamezam
Just got 21.44.2 after another Tesla was plugged into my wall connector… odd.

Still doesn’t work on WPA3 networks.

No changes to the interface that I can see, though it seems to report the line voltage about 10v less than actual. (The vehicle says 240v, wall connector says 228-230v on the admin website and using the Wall Monitor app)

• Informative
Reactions: Sir Surfalot
Just got 21.44.2 after another Tesla was plugged into my wall connector… odd.

Still doesn’t work on WPA3 networks.

No changes to the interface that I can see, though it seems to report the line voltage about 10v less than actual. (The vehicle says 240v, wall connector says 228-230v on the admin website and using the Wall Monitor app)
Thanks for the update!

I have 22.41.2 and I am using the Wall Monitor app. According to the Wall Monitor app, it says 231 Volts at 59.93 Hertz. Voltage appears to fluctuate by 1 Volt and Hertz by 0.05 Hertz. My Fluke says that is it 241 Volts (unloaded measurement; not drawing any current at the time of the measurement). So I agree with fiehlsport that the Wall Connector seems to be off by 10 Volts (as reported by the Wall Monitor app).

On a related note, I don't seem to be able to add my Gen 3 Wall Connector to my Tesla App on my iPhone. My App is version 4.16.1-1536. According to reports several months ago, the process is supposed to be:

Launch the Tesla App​
Profile (the face outline in the upper-right corner)​
Add/Remove Products​

but there is no choice for Wall Connector. I did verify that my Wall Connector shows in my account's Order History in my Tesla account via my computer. But my Wall Connector doesn't show up in my Dashboard. Should it?

My Wall Connector firmware version is 22.41.2 and it is indeed autoupdating (since the last time I explicitly updated was in 2021). It is connected to my home's WiFi.

At this point, does anyone have the Tesla App talking to their Gen 3 Wall Connector?

Thanks,

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021

I have 22.41.2 and I am using the Wall Monitor app. According to the Wall Monitor app, it says 231 Volts at 59.93 Hertz. Voltage appears to fluctuate by 1 Volt and Hertz by 0.05 Hertz. My Fluke says that is it 241 Volts (unloaded measurement; not drawing any current at the time of the measurement). So I agree with fiehlsport that the Wall Connector seems to be off by 10 Volts (as reported by the Wall Monitor app).

On a related note, I don't seem to be able to add my Gen 3 Wall Connector to my Tesla App on my iPhone. My App is version 4.16.1-1536. According to reports several months ago, the process is supposed to be:

Launch the Tesla App​
Profile (the face outline in the upper-right corner)​
Add/Remove Products​

but there is no choice for Wall Connector. I did verify that my Wall Connector shows in my account's Order History in my Tesla account via my computer. But my Wall Connector doesn't show up in my Dashboard. Should it?

My Wall Connector firmware version is 22.41.2 and it is indeed autoupdating (since the last time I explicitly updated was in 2021). It is connected to my home's WiFi.

At this point, does anyone have the Tesla App talking to their Gen 3 Wall Connector?

Thanks,

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021
Same here -- 22.41.2 -- nothing yet on the Tesla App

Reactions: e645824
I just updated my Unifi network tonight to WPA2/WPA3 and my wall connector is still reachable. It is on firmware 22.41.2. It does take a long while to come back with the page with just the Part Number and Serial Number, but it eventually comes back. It works in an incognito browser too so it isn't a cached page coming back.

• Informative
Reactions: Sir Surfalot
I just updated my Unifi network tonight to WPA2/WPA3 and my wall connector is still reachable. It is on firmware 22.41.2. It does take a long while to come back with the page with just the Part Number and Serial Number, but it eventually comes back. It works in an incognito browser too so it isn't a cached page coming back.
If you log in directly to the unit's own Wi-Fi (192.168.92.1) after holding the handle button for 5 seconds, does it show that it is connected to your Wi-Fi there?

I am on mixed WPA2/WPA3 Unifi as well and the wall connector will not connect in its local portal at all unless I create a WPA2-only SSID.

If you log in directly to the unit's own Wi-Fi (192.168.92.1) after holding the handle button for 5 seconds, does it show that it is connected to your Wi-Fi there?
Yes, I only have the one SSID configured and the wall charger is connected. I can hit the undocumented API endpoints in addition to the regular landing page. Ex: http://192.168.1.210/api/1/wifi_status returns data.
It also shows up as connected in my Unifi control panel Network tab with all the associated stats / metadata.