Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to report anomoly between posted speed limit signs and Tesla screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Words of HABIT

Jan 19, 2013
Canada
Is there an easy way to report to Tesla of any anomolies from the posted speed limit signs to what is shown on the Tesla screen. 99.9% of the time Tesla is spot on, however I have found the odd occasion where the posted rate is higher or lower than what is Tesla is tracking and shows on the screen. It would be nice to be able to report in real time of any discrepancies while driving, perhaps using voice commands. I do not have autopilot on my M3, however if I did, this could be of issue if the car thinks it is traveling set to posted speed limits.

As you don't say where in Canada you live, I have to assume it is in Ontario due to your statement "odd occasion where the posted rate is higher or lower than what is Tesla". In Manitoba cities, it can Frequently be 80-10 km in one direction and 60 in the other direction on a divided city road. I have tried editing the map but that doesn't seem to work & I think they just recently change map suppliers. If one lived in California I don't think there are as many discrepancies, at least that is what I was told some time ago. At least the TCH is mostly accurate AFIK.
IMHO the cruise control / mapping in Tesla needs major corrections.

I have emailed, submitted “bug reports” called etc etc etc for 3 years now on the same 4 spots on my commute, on the expressway and king entrance ramps, to no avail so I honestly don’t think anything works at this time.

Those 4 spots do and will keep me from using AP and NOA until they are fixed

I have emailed, submitted “bug reports” called etc etc etc for 3 years now on the same 4 spots on my commute, on the expressway and king entrance ramps, to no avail so I honestly don’t think anything works at this time.

Those 4 spots do and will keep me from using AP and NOA until they are fixed
Thanks for everyone's replies. I'm in Toronto.
@boonedocks , what email address are you using to report "bug reports". I'll give that a try.

I have updated speed limit info in waze and openstreets to no avail. On a local road the speed limit was recently LOWERED from 55 to 45mph and my wife's 2014 MS knows about it but my M3 doesn't. Then again, I think the 2014MS with AP1 actually reads the sign.

This is the last successful email address I used
[email protected]
Thanks boondocks. I simply emailed my local Tesla Service Centre and received there response within the hour. It's that simple. Next time I am down that stretch of road in question I will report if still not up to date. I'll update this tread when I do so, and also if condition changes.

Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 9.56.49 AM.png

This is the last successful email address I used
[email protected]

I used this and I got this message:
Thank you for contacting Tesla. This email address is no longer monitored.

Visit our Support Site to learn more about our products or services or to find answers to commonly asked questions. If you can’t find what you are looking for, contact us to ask a question. You will need to log into your Tesla Account to ask a question — this is so we know who we’re speaking to and can help you quicker.

For people outside of the USA (not sure about Canada): our car's software does NOT read speed-signs etc. etc.
Instead, GPS and Map-data is used. In Europe, this data is horribly inaccurate and therefore totally useless. If I would have relied on the speed-limit indicator in my Model X, I would have gotten 3 life-sentences in Jail already due to massive speeding-violations.

For people outside of the USA (not sure about Canada): our car's software does NOT read speed-signs etc. etc.
Instead, GPS and Map-data is used. In Europe, this data is horribly inaccurate and therefore totally useless. If I would have relied on the speed-limit indicator in my Model X, I would have gotten 3 life-sentences in Jail already due to massive speeding-violations.

Same in Canada.
I go from a 50 Km speed to 100 Km on an overpass bridge & back down to 50 Km on the other side.
I think we also have a restricted NOA as it shows two lines on the highway, not 1 line down the center of the road like it does in the USA. Also no longer does NOA turns as it did before recent updates.

We need to help Tesla make navigation better!
Then start here: Stop crippling Tesla Autopilot in Europe

It's a valiant but useless petition though. We are talking about the EU here, not about a democracy. The EU is not a place where the people can actually influence things.

So the big question is HOW we can help. We are basically fighting lobbyists from the German manufacturers who want to slow down Tesla's progress, at least until they reach a certain technology level themselves. They "helped" to create these crippling EU laws that got implemented in 2019. Tesla HAD to react by speccing-down the Autopilot and FSD firmware for the European market (comply or else...).

• Informative
Reactions: ai4px